Page 713 of 878 FirstFirst ... 213613663703711712713714715723763813 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAndOnly View Post
    I tried the CA/ACV rinse and it worked much better! No gunk in my hairbrush this time, but the hair on my scalp was a little greasy feeling (length was clean). Any ideas for how I can tweak this recipe to make the hair at my scalp cleaner?
    That's my cue to back off on the ratios a little. It might take some trial and error before you find just the right mix, but now you have a better idea of what range you are after

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    chin/30"/hmm..
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Sooo... I was about to place an order at SCH and I noticed she has a hair butter. The ingredients are:
    Coconut oil
    Murumuru oil
    Horsetail butter
    green tea extract butter (?)
    jojoba

Anyone tried this?

Length
    17/45/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Lush has released a ton of new shampoo bars and while my current favorite is 'Karma Komba', I cannot wait for the rose-scented 'Jason and the Argan Oil'. I think I have a bit of a Lush addiction considering I want all of the new bars, but I definitely don't need them!

Length
    23 cm/80 cm/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

So I've been using a new acid rinse lately that I really love.In a small bottle I mix a dollop of my current conditioner with about 15-20 drops of lavender and rosemary essential oils, about 10 drops of tea tree oil and then fill the rest up with white vinegar. I then shake this vigorously and dilute it later for my rinses. I like this mix because white vinegar doesn't smell as strongly as ACV, so the lavender and rosemary can overpower it to make my hair smell nice. Also, all of the essential oils I use, but in particular tea tree oil, are soothing to the scalp, so it really helps cut down on the flakies. The conditioner also makes my hair really smooth and happy. Does anyone else add essential oils to their rinse? What kind and how much?
    Lady Ambarussa of the Sunlit Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    animetor7, or Ani Currently: Hip at 80 cm Next Goal: Tailbone at 102 cm

Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is it okay to use a acidic rinse with every wash when using a shampoo bar? I'm trying a shampoo bar and am having a hard time getting rid of the waxy feeling. I have dyed hair and was told that shampoo bars may not work because of this. Currently, I'm trying a version of this bar without the pumace and less olive oil ---> https://www.etsy.com/listing/7903785...home_active_15 The rinses I've tried using is about a 1/2 cup acv in a jug that holds about 10 cups water, same dilution with white vinegar, and 1/2 tsp citric acid in the same jug. My scalp is liking the shampoo bar and citric acid combo, so I would love to make this work. I've been washing about every 4-5 days with regular shampoo, but with this I need to wash about every other day due to the waxiness attracting junk. Thinking about trying some CV bars, particularly the coconut milk bar and the soapnuts bar. Anyone tried these before?

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Auracle View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but is it okay to use a acidic rinse with every wash when using a shampoo bar?
    I had thought it's actually required after every shampoo bar wash Also as I've feared I would indeed end up with waxy hair, so haven't even dreamed of leaving that out. That's actually why I've ended up using them so very little (shampoo bars that is), as the acid rinse is so much hassle (at least to me, compared to ordinary shampoo & conditioner)... So it's interesting to learn it might not be required after all

(Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question at all, just my personal pondering! But I'm sure some more knowledgeable people will chime in soon )

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    I had thought it's actually required after every shampoo bar wash Also as I've feared I would indeed end up with waxy hair, so haven't even dreamed of leaving that out. That's actually why I've ended up using them so very little (shampoo bars that is), as the acid rinse is so much hassle (at least to me, compared to ordinary shampoo & conditioner)... So it's interesting to learn it might not be required after all

(Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question at all, just my personal pondering! But I'm sure some more knowledgeable people will chime in soon )
    It's not required. Some people need to do it after every wash because of their water (hard water). Others skip it entirely. Some of us use an acid rinse from time to time.

Some of us also find that using a conventional conditioner restores the acid balance.

The short answer: Experiment and find out what works best for you.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    Chin/tbl/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I'm one of those shampoo bar users that never use cidic rinses. I can't remember if I did that when I first started with shampoo bars but at least I have not done a single one in years simply because I dislike the smell of vinegar. I mix my henna with lemon juice, though.

The need for acidic rinses should depend also on the shampoo bar. I certainly needed those when I experimented with baking soda washes. Maybe that would be the case also with harsher/different/more washing shampoo bars?

Okay... quick question:

I first got one set of shampoo bars and all of hers are "hard" but one which I can almost mold with my hand. Its easier to scrape off and loose like its been through a cheese grater when Im done not like a bunch of sawdusty flakes, definitely.

Now I have a second set to review on my blog and both of hers are "soft" too.

Are these good to use? Why are they soft/hard?

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    It's not required. Some people need to do it after every wash because of their water (hard water). Others skip it entirely. Some of us use an acid rinse from time to time.

Some of us also find that using a conventional conditioner restores the acid balance.

The short answer: Experiment and find out what works best for you.
    Thanks for your reply Ok, I really need to brace myself to try a shampoo bar without an acid rinse for once