Page 660 of 878 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662670710760 ... LastLast
Results 6,591 to 6,600 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

The popular ones go pretty fast. Last time I think there was like 5 soap kinds and 5 poo kinds so it's not a lot. They don't mix soap with poo bars and you can only get 1 soap or poo sack.

Length
    19/26/35
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

If by chance they sell out of scrap sacks, I have called & talked to Sam, Ida' s son, who runs the website/phone and ordered directly from him. They had a few scrap sacks they didn't offer on the website b/c there was only a couple. I ended up placing my largest order that day lol. Had about 5 sacks and various other bars that I really liked. Java scrubby, Rosemary mint, Ayurvedic Herb and a couple other sacks. It was nice I had soap & shampoo bars for about a year. One my 2 halves, must reorder soon.

Length
    20/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lydialove View Post
    Hey DKSABS, I'm sorry you're still dealing with the waxies. Here's a link http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/blog/ to Ida's (of CV) thoughts on why hair gets weird feeling during adaptation to shampoo bars. I would think that having to clarify so often would be harder on your hair than you probably intend to be.

The last two weeks I've been having oilier/waxier results myself. Currently I have samples of CV's Strawberry Henna, the Butter Bar, and Citrus and Soapnuts that I've been cycling through. Lately I've been leaning on the henna bar, just because I use henna to dye my hair and sort of want it to work best on me. Apparently lathering up and letting it sit on my head a few minutes is not something I can do two or three shampoos in a row or my hair dries looking like I've just oiled it.

So yesterday I used the Citrus and Soapnuts - I lathered it well, rinsed completely and then lathered it a second time and really really rinsed. I finished with diluted ACV (my hair really loves that step). My hair came out clean looking, very shiny and with some volume.

I'm getting the sense that using soap bars isn't necessarily ever going to settle into a routine, instead I may always have to always react to the state of my head.

I don't know if any of this is helpful. If, after you've tried a bunch of different samples, techniques, and rinse additives, your hair is still not behaving - well, you gave it a good shot! Only keep trying if it's still fun.
    Thanks for all the advice. Washing our hair and then having it end up looking like we just oiled it - heavily - that's exactly what has been happening to mine, and it's so frustrating. Thanks for the link to Ida's article. I had read it before, but read it again tonight. I'm thinking that maybe I need to stop all the experimenting with different shampoo bars and stick with the 2 or 3 that have given good, clean looking results and see if I can consistently get clean hair just using the known good bars. For me, that would be CV Neem and Tea Tree and AV Peppermint Tea Tree poo bars, and maybe CV's Nettle bar. If I can get an effective routine just using those 2 or 3 bars, then maybe I can start experimenting with all the other sample bars again and see if any of them will be usable. I washed with Suave Clarifying this morning and my hair finally felt nice and clean again, although kind of on the dry side.

Glad to hear the Citrus and Soapnuts worked well for you. I can't remember if I've tried that one yet or not, but I do have a sample of that one here too.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSABS View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. Washing our hair and then having it end up looking like we just oiled it - heavily - that's exactly what has been happening to mine, and it's so frustrating. Thanks for the link to Ida's article. I had read it before, but read it again tonight. I'm thinking that maybe I need to stop all the experimenting with different shampoo bars and stick with the 2 or 3 that have given good, clean looking results and see if I can consistently get clean hair just using the known good bars. For me, that would be CV Neem and Tea Tree and AV Peppermint Tea Tree poo bars, and maybe CV's Nettle bar. If I can get an effective routine just using those 2 or 3 bars, then maybe I can start experimenting with all the other sample bars again and see if any of them will be usable. I washed with Suave Clarifying this morning and my hair finally felt nice and clean again, although kind of on the dry side.

Glad to hear the Citrus and Soapnuts worked well for you. I can't remember if I've tried that one yet or not, but I do have a sample of that one here too.
    When I was doing oils on my ends and/or scalp, I got waxy feel with poo bars. I think you are mixing too many things. Poo bars have oils in them and over do it then that's probably where the residue is more. You may have to do one or the other between these 2 things.

Length
    20/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    When I was doing oils on my ends and/or scalp, I got waxy feel with poo bars. I think you are mixing too many things. Poo bars have oils in them and over do it then that's probably where the residue is more. You may have to do one or the other between these 2 things.
    Hopefully that's what was causing most of the waxy issues in the past. I haven't put any kind of oil on my scalp in the past week and a half or so. I never used to oil the ends at all (except for a few drops of MoroccanOil as a leave in after washing my hair to help tame the frizz). I did put coconut oil on the ends a week ago and slept with it, then washed it out in the morning. I always used to think that MorrocanOil was Argan Oil, until I joined LHC and became more enlightened. It was a surprise to find out that it's actually just a bunch of cones and chemicals with Argan Oil nowhere near the beginning of the list of ingredients. I bought some pure Japanese Camelia oil and also ordered the CV Jojoba Grapeseed Oil. I might try to see how my hair will look with no leave in at all soon. My avatar photo was taken when I was following the instructions for hair typing, and I let it air dry without adding any leave in, and it wasn't as frizzy as expected.

Oils for frizz never worked for my 3a/3b middle eastern poofy type hair. I use an all natural gel albeit pricey but not a lot is needed so it lasts long. In fact it's easy to use what looks like a little and it be too much. Takes awhile to see really a pea size is what's needed. It's morrocco method blood of the dragon styling gel. https://www.morroccomethod.com/raw-store/styling
    I started with the 2 oz and just get the larger size now. Have been using this since 2003 when I found rave reviews on it.

Length
    20/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Thanks for the link. I've never heard of that product before.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSABS View Post
    Thanks for the link. I've never heard of that product before.
    The gel feels like it probably doesn't have much hold but it does! And have to get it right or will be crunchy. I've changed up poos and conditioners (when I was using them) but haven't the gel. Leaves nice shine too.

Well, might as well do a review of Morrocco Method... Been using it on and off since 2005 in addition to poo bars.
    I use the dragon gel daily since I wash daily and will use the mist hair spray on dry hair to help form my curl when it's not holding on it's own. Light stuff.

A word about the shampoos and conditioners if you've never seen/tried it. It's loose mud like in texture. If you have thick hair, it can be hard to get out of your ends without rinsing a lot. It also doesn't latter. This is as natural as it gets. Just look at the ingredients.

The conditioner does not condition like the way we think. I never got how it's a conditioner per se as it just basically softens the hair some.

I've tried all the poos trying to do the earth thing awhile back when noticeable hair loss was starting on the scalp.

Apple Cider Vinegar: Got it because I can't stand ACV rinse as it just stinks and all day. Figured poo and acv in one. Works good on scalp, where I suggest only applying these poos on and not the ends. Feels kind of soothing and hair feels thicker.

Earth Essence: Got it for my oily side scalp in the summer. Takes care of it nicely without drying scalp. Hair feels full and looks a little thicker. Scalp feels good too.

Sea Essence: Smells the best of them all imo but as with all of them, it's very earthy and not pretty smelling. I liked this but with my hair loss issue being the key, I stuck with the apple cider and earth ones and canned this one to save money.

Pine Shale: Oh my, it STINKS! I smelled it and tossed it. It smells like crude oil. Just could not wrap my nose around it more than a minute before I felt like I was drilling for oil so can't comment on it.

Good thing is they have 2 oz trial sizes so if you're curious, you can start out small.

I love variety not only in poo bar flavors but in poos. I go between MM poos and poo bars. I've been on a poo bar kick for awhile now but just dug up my MM apple cider and earth poos to start using to try and make the top of my scalp look thicker when it's dry.
    Last edited by Artista; April 25th, 2014 at 12:49 AM.

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

So...I splurged and bought a sample of every poo bar CV had available (there were only two out of stock). I tried poo bars a while back, gave it a good try, but couldn't combat the waxies on my length. Scalp and scalp hair was awesome though, and it made me want to try again. Since then, we've installed a water softener shower head...it's not completely soft water but it's a lot better than it used to be. I also purchased two samples of tea rinses and sample size of the whipped hair balm. And ooooh man...when my box arrived it smelt absolutely AWESOME!
    Any suggestions for a good one to start with? I think Ida recommends the coconut milk bar. What seems to help most with hard water? Should I rinse with ACV before AND after to help rinse out all the soap and prevent buildup? Are the tea rinses acidic and can replace ACV? I am using a cone free gel..will it interfere? What natural gel alternatives do you other curlies use instead of store bought gel? I'm sorry I'm so full of questions! I'm so excited about my poo bars! Hehe

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist