Page 62 of 878 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Mtain
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Hmmm, I'm vaguely tempted to buy the Nasabb bars now, but since I just ordered several CV bars, I suppose I'll have to hold off on that whim

Oddly enough, I haven't had a problem with CV bars, even with the hard water. Initially, I thought the water in my area was soft, but because of all the love for ACV rinses, I jumped on the ACV-bandwagon, and used it after wash anyways. Now that I think about it, the ACV rinses must've really done the trick.

Length
    waist/TB/long

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterbee View Post
    Thank you thank you THANK YOU for posting this!!! I was on the cusp of trying another go with shampoo bars and ordered this on a whim (admittedly because it was cheap) and I'm sitting here now with the softest, shiniest hair I have EVER had with a shampoo bar!! I literally feel like I have cones in my hair, that's how fabulous it feels. I've had trouble with shampoo bars before because of my darned hard water but I tried an easy peasy citric acid rinse after just one lather with the Nasabb bar and wow...I'm just amazed. Thanks again

Flutterbee,

I'm so glad you like the soap. I have used it every time I wash my hair since I got it, and my hair loves it too!

Swan,

You will easily get a number of washes out of the sample bar.

To Anyone Else,

Be sure to order the free sample packet. You just put it in your cart when you order anything else, and it's free!

Length
    pixie/clsc/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've noticed that my hair is becoming more and more poofy post-wash and my waves are getting less and less defined since I've started using CV bars. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
    Lady Pyracantha, Firethorn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    chin ~ shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ waist ~ hip ~ TBL ~ classic ~ FTL ~ knee ~ term
    I like big buns and I cannot lie

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rhosyn_du View Post
    I've noticed that my hair is becoming more and more poofy post-wash and my waves are getting less and less defined since I've started using CV bars. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
    Hmm...I think initially my hair seemed poofy and less wavey post-wash, but it's not really getting any worse. I think the loss of waves may have to do with the combing of the bar down the hair over and over. Wish I could offer some more help!

Length
    ear/SDL/hip
    Type
    2c/F/ii

rhosyn - which bar are you using? I had similar results of poofy weird hair with the Honey Beer and Egg one and also the Nettle one. The Olive Babassu and Babassu Marshmallow also left my hair very weighed down and limp looking after awhile. My current "happy hair" bars are Summer Sunshine and Cucumber Lime Yogurt soap bar.

Length
    pixie/clsc/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    rhosyn - which bar are you using? I had similar results of poofy weird hair with the Honey Beer and Egg one and also the Nettle one. The Olive Babassu and Babassu Marshmallow also left my hair very weighed down and limp looking after awhile. My current "happy hair" bars are Summer Sunshine and Cucumber Lime Yogurt soap bar.
    Right now, I'm using the Nettle bar (just the last two washes), but I've also used the Olive Babassu bar, the Honey Butter soap, and the Lemongrass Marshmallow soap. I only use bars on the first few inches of my hair, since even the soaps are too drying for my length, but all of my hair is getting poofier, and the halo of frizz I get around my head for the first 24 hours after washing is pretty impressive.

Account Closed by Member Request

rhosyn_du, I think several members experienced loss of wave with the use of shampoo bars. I do, too, but it doesn´t bother me. I don´t know why that is, because my hair feels nice and moisturized to me.

Length
    pixie/clsc/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Calista View Post
    rhosyn_du, I think several members experienced loss of wave with the use of shampoo bars. I do, too, but it doesnīt bother me. I donīt know why that is, because my hair feels nice and moisturized to me.
    It's not so much that my hair is less wavy so much as that the waves are not at all cohesive. Each individual hair is still wavy, but they don't wave together. I think that's what's causing it to poof so much.

Length
    Buzzc/Shl/Clsc?
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have a problem with the summer sunshine bar...... It is making my length very dry. How cleansing is it? Does anybody know? Currently my favorites are still lavender spice, nettle and mud & clay. But with the post partum hormones my hair is starting to behave differently (that was to expect). My scalp is getting much greasier and my length is dry. Does anybody recommend using different shampoo bars on your hair? Like a more cleansing on your scalp and a more moisturising one on the length?
    Reached classic in 2012. Cut off all my hair summer 2012 to pixie. Buzzed it all off in 2016. Growing since then!
    On my way to APL.

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rhosyn_du View Post
    Right now, I'm using the Nettle bar (just the last two washes), but I've also used the Olive Babassu bar, the Honey Butter soap, and the Lemongrass Marshmallow soap. I only use bars on the first few inches of my hair, since even the soaps are too drying for my length, but all of my hair is getting poofier, and the halo of frizz I get around my head for the first 24 hours after washing is pretty impressive.
    Hmm, Nettle makes my hair sort of poofy, too (not necessarily in a good way). Although it makes my hair *feel* nice, so sometimes I use it when I am going to be wearing my hair up. Honey Beer and Egg makes my hair poofy in the *good* way, meaning extra body but not frizzy or weird.

Olive Babassu actually made my hair flat and greasy. Most of the others worked fine for me, but then my waves have already all but disappeared since I started using henna.
    Lady Tiamat of the Dragon Horde in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Founding Member of the (Second Incarnation of the) Official Hair Idiots Club ~ "Goobering One Style At a Time".