Page 561 of 878 FirstFirst ... 61461511551559560561562563571611661 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,610 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Littlewing13 View Post
    Seems like most people love CV, are there any other similar brands?
    Sweet Creek Herbs is my personal favourite. The scents generally aren't as strong as the CV ones, but my hair LOVES all of the bars. Chagrin Valley can be a bit more hit and miss.

Length
    15"/25"/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by papera View Post
    What a coincidence nerdymomma, I was just searching for a conditioner bar and then I read your post!
    As I may go traveling for a while I would really like to get a conditioner bar because of transport and luggage space. I do have a shampoo bar with which I'm very happy with, but no conditioner.

Is this conditioner bar from Virginia soaps good for (sometimes extremely) dry and tangle-prone hair? What is your hair type if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
    I'm sorry I didn't see this until now. I had to take a break from LHC...I was being too tempted by Henna pix! lol

My hair type is 1b/F/ii and I like the conditioner bar a lot. If it gets snarly I just use more conditioner, or try not to rinse it out completely. I like that is is very silky and very gentle.

Length
    5/19/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I got a sample from ebay but I'm getting waxies. Could the bar be too moisturising for me?
    Thx Skooter
    "Now she's walking through the clouds with a circus mind thats running wild..." www.cafepress.com/Littlewingsdesigns

Type
    1a/F/ii

Littlewing,

I just started my shampoo bar adventure as well, and the first bar I tried gave me mad crayon head (waxies). I did a baking soda rinse, and that did NOT help. Next im going to try a clarifying shampoo, and then plan C is to try a stronger ACV rinse. If none of these work, im going to try a different bar (I have about a million to try... i went sample crazy!) from stalking this board for awhile, first step might be to make sure your hair is clarified from past products. play around with a few different things and if you still have the dreaded waxies, it may be time to just try a different one!

Length
    5/19/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LaceyLou View Post
    Littlewing,

I just started my shampoo bar adventure as well, and the first bar I tried gave me mad crayon head (waxies). I did a baking soda rinse, and that did NOT help. Next im going to try a clarifying shampoo, and then plan C is to try a stronger ACV rinse. If none of these work, im going to try a different bar (I have about a million to try... i went sample crazy!) from stalking this board for awhile, first step might be to make sure your hair is clarified from past products. play around with a few different things and if you still have the dreaded waxies, it may be time to just try a different one!
    I did 2 stongish baking soda rinses before I tried my last. Still got waxies & seemed to get more the more often I washed. Even my hands got a bit waxy which tells me it was the bar (ebay). Im now back to regular poo/cond. (the bar was fantastic on skin though so didn't go to waste. Beauty of 'poo bars)

I intend on trying some more, but in Australia there aren't too many options. The most tried & true are all from U.S, which means I'm paying more than the bar itself for postage, & Im a student & strapped for cash. Soon as I scrounge enough I might give CV a go.

I really hope this works out, as I'm actually hoping to try making my own eventually. Makes it waaay cheaper for me. But I need to make sure it is going to work before I start buying all the equipment.
    "Now she's walking through the clouds with a circus mind thats running wild..." www.cafepress.com/Littlewingsdesigns

Type
    1a/F/ii

I feel you on the student front! I do have the advantage of being from the US though... perhaps there are some Aussies on here that have some unused bars they could sell you? ive only used one so far, and i think im almost at the point you are with the particular bar just isnt my thing!

Length
    6"/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I just ordered 3 sample poo bars from sweetsnthings on Etsy. I was swayed by the prettiness of the soaps, the reviews, and the fact that the owner is a fellow henna-head Has anyone tried her stuff before?

I really wanted to try some poo bars from Henna Sooq, but international shipping is just too expensive. Has anyone tried hers?
    Candy is dandy
    but liquor is quicker.

Length
    SL/APL/BSL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Littlewing13 View Post
    Seems like most people love CV, are there any other similar brands?

I use a couple different shampoo bars. I had a Ton of CV samples, and after I used them up I decided to experiment. Right now I trade off between Alpenglow (made in Alaska) and Cedar Ridge soap/shampoo bars (made in Maryland). Both make my hair look awesome - and some Cedar Ridge bars have perfume oil in them which will stay in your hair most of the day (for anyone that misses having yummy smelling hair). I've also used JR Liggetts - they were the first ones I ever tried and are a little more well known so might be easier to find outside of the US?

Oh and try browsing etsy. Tons of soap/shampoo bar makers on there!
    Last edited by KiwiBum; June 5th, 2012 at 08:14 PM.

Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    I just ordered 3 sample poo bars from sweetsnthings on Etsy. I was swayed by the prettiness of the soaps, the reviews, and the fact that the owner is a fellow henna-head Has anyone tried her stuff before?

I really wanted to try some poo bars from Henna Sooq, but international shipping is just too expensive. Has anyone tried hers?
    OOO, let us know how those bars work for you! i have that store favorited on etsy

Length
    CL/~BSL/BSL+?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I just got a big huge order of CV samples last week, But my hair doesn't seem to like them much Is there some sort of adjustment period or something before your hair "gets used to" using the bar instead of regular shampoo? I do use an ACV rinse every time I wash, but my hair has been mad greasy ever since I started using these
    Sloooowly growing to BSL+