Page 550 of 878 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552560600650 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    1.25/4.25/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

ok, I need advice for starting over. I've tried (unsuccessfully) 3 times to get back into my bars but I can't seem to conquer the waxies and gunk.

I usually first do a clarifying wash with Kiwi Lime Squeeze. Then do two lathers/rinses with a CV bar (ayuvedic herb or nettle usually). I follow with a rinse of 3 tbs. acv in 24+ oz water with a dollop of honey. I leave this on while I finish other showerly duties and then do a last quick rinse under the water. Last, I run a couple of drops of olive oil through the towel dried ends.

It use to do real well and I'd have super soft and clean hair. But lately I can't seem to get it to work.

I fishin' for ideas here......thanks!

Length
    chin/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Here's my problem: my hair feels like cobwebs. It's sticky, tangled, and feels filled with dust. The reason I'm posting it here is because the only thing I used last time I showered was my Summer Sunshine CV bar. I love it, but what is wrong with my hair?!

Just to add: I've oiled it twice now since washing it yesterday, way more than I usually do.
    Last edited by QueenOfTheSkye; March 7th, 2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: adding info
    Lady Callas of the Mighty Pen in the Order of Long-Haired Knights

Length
    waist/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheSkye View Post
    Here's my problem: my hair feels like cobwebs. It's sticky, tangled, and feels filled with dust. The reason I'm posting it here is because the only thing I used last time I showered was my Summer Sunshine CV bar. I love it, but what is wrong with my hair?!

Just to add: I've oiled it twice now since washing it yesterday, way more than I usually do.
    I usually find that if I use too much oil, the oil will trap dust and make my hair way more tangly.

Length
    chin/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kittensoupnrice View Post
    I usually find that if I use too much oil, the oil will trap dust and make my hair way more tangly.
    Huh. That's never happened before to me, but it's certainly something to think about. I'm washing it tonight anyway...

(I really like smileys. Can you tell?)
    Lady Callas of the Mighty Pen in the Order of Long-Haired Knights

Length
    1.25/4.25/BSL+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I figured out what I was doing wrong, I think. We'll see over the next few washes. Anyway, I was purposely running the bar through my length thinking I was helping to remoisturize it after doing an initial clarifying wash. As a result, I wasn't getting the length lathered well enough and also it wasn't rinsing fully. All this led to the gunk and funk I was feeling.

I'm hoping this is the source of my troubles and it is now officially fixed. This time after clarifying I simply concentrated on doing two washes and rinses on my scalp and just let whatever suds formed rinse through my length. Followed with my usual rinse and after shower oil and things have dried nicely.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Has anyone had success using the bars with color treated or bleached hair? I had black dye in my hair and it was growing out, so about two inches of my roots were showing. I used a bit of bleach to get the rest of the black out to even out my hair color. My hair is obviously a bit damaged from this.
    Will the shampoo bars still be as effective?
    Also I bought another shampoo to try, Avalon Organics Biotin Thickening Shampoo. It has Sodium Coco Sulfate in it. I tried it a few years ago and liked it so I thought i'd try it again. It's a little too drying for my hair right now, so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to use it once in a while and use the bars in between.
    Do you guys think that might work out okay?

Length
    APL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunnylake View Post
    Has anyone had success using the bars with color treated or bleached hair? I had black dye in my hair and it was growing out, so about two inches of my roots were showing. I used a bit of bleach to get the rest of the black out to even out my hair color. My hair is obviously a bit damaged from this.
    Also I bought another shampoo to try, Avalon Organics Biotin Thickening Shampoo. It has Sodium Coco Sulfate in it. I tried it a few years ago and liked it so I thought i'd try it again. It's a little too drying for my hair right now, so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to use it once in a while and use the bars in between.
    Hi there! I have very bleached hair. It took my hair a few weeks to adjust, but now I'm loving poo bars. I condish with v05 strawberries, than lather with CV herb garden, than condish again, and than use an ACV rinse. I had waxies for weeks but not anymore. I use a lot of conditioner, because my hair needs moisture, but it's too fine to CO because it gets limp. Good luck!
    APL~BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    Chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunnylake View Post
    I have some bleach damage on my ends from almost two years ago, and I find that the results of shampoo bars are not as great on my ends than on my roots. My ends are more likely to feel waxy and soap scumy (not a word lol); while the virgin / hennaed hair almost consistently looks good.
    Also shampoo bars lack the cones and other chemicals found in commercial shampoos and conditioners that help mask the damage; however if the damage is minimal I wouldn't worry about it.
    Using a conditioner with the shampoo bars would likely be ideal.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I used the CV bar I have been using on my newly bleached hair and UCK, ICK, NO WAY. I unfortunately don't have the patience right now to wait out the waxies... as I'd spent months trying and failing at different cleansing methods and I'm quite tired of it. I loved the shampoo bars on my hair before... but on this bleached hair they just don't want to work like they used to. So back to liquid shampoo I go. I will still purchase body bars from CV though... they're amazing. I'm sure i'll try the shampoo bars again someday when my hair has grown out a bit. Sigh!

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Luckily though my fiance loves them, so the full bar and couple of samples I have won't go to waste. His hair is color treated but not bleached. I think it's the bleach that doesn't wanna mix well with the CV bars, not necessarily just plain dye. I could be wrong.
    Weird!