Page 539 of 878 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589639 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

I didn't at first, but now I love CV bars. Maybe it was just the bar I started using wasn't for me, I dunno, but I love the Rosemary Lavender and the Mud & Clay. I have some others to try. I have soft water, and I usually lather once or twice, then use Suave Naturals Coconut conditioner on the length and ends. My hair feels soft and looks shiny and healthy. I'm quite pleased!

I'm glad I gave CV a chance. I was discouraged at first.

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Also, the conditioner I am currently using is Suave Naturals and is quite runny. It works fine but I do miss the creaminess of the heavier cone conditioners I used to use. What is your experience using cone conditioners after a CV or other shampoo bar? What deep conditioners would you recommend? Thanks!

Alright... So I tried to use the bar on my waxies again today and substitute ACV with a citric rinse with the hope that it could make a difference. Naive. Of course, it didn't. It started to airdry very very fast (a big plus) but I have instantly recognized the waxies and a very dull greyish look. It all reminds me of my WO trials except not as severe (yet?). So I had to clarify. With a bottled 'poo, though, because running for a new soap isn't an option right now. Let's see but I really want this thing to work because the first 1-2 washes were awesome and my hair hasn't seem to become greasy as fast... Till now, of course. I'm puzzled.

P. S.
    what's also odd is that my hair was "squicking" while washing with a 'poo bar and yet being waxy when dry. I never had it before

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey Horne View Post
    P. S.
    what's also odd is that my hair was "squicking" while washing with a 'poo bar and yet being waxy when dry. I never had it before

How did the clarifying go? It will be interesting to see if the next two shampoo bar washes go well again, and then waxies come on. Maybe if they come back try the conditioner thing?
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenBritannia View Post
    How did the clarifying go? It will be interesting to see if the next two shampoo bar washes go well again, and then waxies come on. Maybe if they come back try the conditioner thing?
    Oh it went just the same like post-WO experiments: it dried looking quite limp and even oily at the end of the day My scalp freaked out (that's why I avoid SLS). I will use the 'poo bar the next time and see but something tells me that the story will repeat. I've heard somewhere it takes about a month to adjust(???)

Length
    62cm/15 cm/NA
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I succumbed to all the enabling and ordered the 10 piece sampler from SCH! Now I just have to be patient waiting for them to arrive...
    "Snuggling is sex without the fluid exchange."

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

Oh it went just the same like post-WO experiments: it dried looking quite limp and even oily at the end of the day My scalp freaked out (that's why I avoid SLS). I will use the 'poo bar the next time and see but something tells me that the story will repeat. I've heard somewhere it takes about a month to adjust(???)
    Sounds like your hair is still adjusting, it can take a while especially if you are using different bars. I think that you should wash your hair when it needs it not by a schedule, also do as many washes as you need to get your hair clean, not just the wash, rinse, condition routine, I wash mine maybe 2-3 times each wash, I think that is the key to shampoo bars, eventually you will be able to get back to a shedule but you have to get through the adjustment first, I am only just going back to CV bars and I am not quite there yet!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Sounds like your hair is still adjusting, it can take a while especially if you are using different bars. I think that you should wash your hair when it needs it not by a schedule, also do as many washes as you need to get your hair clean, not just the wash, rinse, condition routine, I wash mine maybe 2-3 times each wash, I think that is the key to shampoo bars, eventually you will be able to get back to a shedule but you have to get through the adjustment first, I am only just going back to CV bars and I am not quite there yet!
    Thank you! it's good to know I still have a chance at it. The problem is that I can't understand when my hair is clean because it makes the rubber sounds and feels quite normal untill it dries. I don't know yet how much I should wash. Do you think that herbal washes inbetween or after using a bar would violate the whole transition period?

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Thank you! it's good to know I still have a chance at it. The problem is that I can't understand when my hair is clean because it makes the rubber sounds and feels quite normal untill it dries. I don't know yet how much I should wash. Do you think that herbal washes inbetween or after using a bar would violate the whole transition period?
    No, herbal washes won't violate the transition period. Shampoo bars can remove the small amount of coating that may result from herbal washes. As long as you don't use commercial shampoo and conditioner between shampoo bar washes, you should be fine. Shampoo bars don't remove certain cones very well.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small