Page 499 of 878 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549599 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    13"/17"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

CV's Chamomile and Citrus solid shampoo smells like fruit slice jellies!

I've been using the Chamomile and Citrus sample for a whole week now and I love it. It gives my hair a squeaky clean feeling and it doesn't irritate my scalp AT ALL. My scalp feels refreshed and not scrubbed. Even better, I don't seem to have had an initiation period. My hair is softer than it was with my Lush Seanik shampoo puck. I definitely still need a conditioner but after conditioning my hair doesn't feel heavy at all. I'll update you all as I try my other samples (I also have Babassu Marshmallow, Nettle, Mud & Clay, Summer Sunshine and Ayurvedic Herb).
    15" -> 16" -> 17" -> 18" -> 19" -> 20"

Length
    15/apl/Waist

Thanks TheCaityCat for your review

I've received my parcel from sch today I will try my first sample tomorrow and update you all then

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

First off, I want to thank Neoma for starting this thread. I'm really happy that I found this thread, because I was about to give up on the CV bars. I just couldn't find the right balance to using them, but that was also because I wasn't "gliding" as y'all have talked about on here. I was actually rubbing the bar on my hair, and my length would suffer with the waxies and be quite lank. But now that I've done the gliding method and found the right vinegar rinse my hair is looking AWESOME!!! I am absolutely in love with Chagrin Valley soap bars, and an ACV honey rinse! Thank you all!

Length
    15/apl/Waist

Update, I've used the marshmallow unscented bar twice now. The first time I did a cwc, with a acv rinse after rinsing out the first cw, then I conditioned as usual. The second time I washed twice with the bar, then rinsed, rinsed with acv, while the acv was on hair I conditioned, left for a couple of mins then rinsed it all off. When it was dry I got lovely soft hair.
    For those worried about scent, there is hardly any scent to this bar

Length
    Chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I have been doing a combination of using shampoo bars every few days and CO washes in between, and I am sort of on the fence about it all. I LOVE the way shampoo bars make my roots and my underneath hair feel, but I am so disappointed that my ends on my canopy (which have suffered lots of dye and bleach damage in the past) still feel waxy and stringy, much like during my transition period.

I have been off cones for 2 months, and I do clarify pretty often, so its not buildup. I think that damaged hair is just not suited for shampoo bars... Its too bad because the rest of my hair is so nice and full and shiny

If anyone has ever gone through this do you have any suggestions?

PS. I do a citric acid rinse after I use my shampoo bars (SCH) and usually follow up with a mild conditioner (suave).

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gabee View Post
    I have been doing a combination of using shampoo bars every few days and CO washes in between, and I am sort of on the fence about it all. I LOVE the way shampoo bars make my roots and my underneath hair feel, but I am so disappointed that my ends on my canopy (which have suffered lots of dye and bleach damage in the past) still feel waxy and stringy, much like during my transition period.

I have been off cones for 2 months, and I do clarify pretty often, so its not buildup. I think that damaged hair is just not suited for shampoo bars... Its too bad because the rest of my hair is so nice and full and shiny

If anyone has ever gone through this do you have any suggestions?

PS. I do a citric acid rinse after I use my shampoo bars (SCH) and usually follow up with a mild conditioner (suave).
    I've experienced the same thing- the bottom 5 inches or so of my hair were bleached very light blond. I've covered that up with dye and henna but that hair is still there. I found that if I give the bottom 5 inches or so of my hair its own wash it helps. So I wash the scalp area, rinse, then do the ends, and rinse. Also, I dip the ends of my hair in my ACV before pouring the rest of it over my head. So again my ends get some individual treatment.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    Chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Thanks Kathie

Do you use your shampoo bar to wash your ends as well? Or another sulfate-free shampoo?

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gabee View Post
    Thanks Kathie

Do you use your shampoo bar to wash your ends as well? Or another sulfate-free shampoo?
    I use a shampoo bar.
    I have had to use a SLS lush bar before to get rid of the ends that you were describing. But I haven’t had to do that since I've got my routine sorted with the CV-bars.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I am loving my CV Babassu & Marshmallow shampoo bars, thing is, I am getting very close to the end of a bar and while I have 2 more on stand-by, I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!!!!

I thought I knew where they were but no, they are not where they should be! AAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    13"/17"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I've used my Babassu Marshmallow sample for two washes so far. Today I left out the conditioner as an experiment. My hair felt odd while it was drying, almost as if I didn't rinse it completely, but once it was dry I had tons of volume! It's less shiny and silky, but it's very thick. Next I'm going to try skipping the conditioner but using an ACV rinse.
    15" -> 16" -> 17" -> 18" -> 19" -> 20"