Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    15"/Hip!/TB
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaatje View Post
    Lush bars do contain sls so the coated feeling is rather strange. Which one did you use ? There are lots of different shampoo bars from lush which all do different things for you hair.
    Hi there Kyaatje, I've used a few Lush bars previously, namely Trichomania, Godiva and The Blonde but didn't know then to do an ACV rinse (my pre-LHC days ). But I don't really get on with ACV rinses either, my hair holds on to the vinegar scent for ages, sometimes even after it's dried LOL. Dilute citric acid rinses might be ok though.

My hair isn't usually fussy, I can happily use SLS or SLS-free shampoos normally, I just didn't get on with Lush shampoo bars for some reason. It's a shame, because I like Lush products.
    Creepy Creeper veni vidi crepi //////// >X<)))>

Length
    21in/36in/40in
    Type
    2a/M/iii

lol, I know the feeling Neneka, I had to use regular shampoo at my moms house and felt like I was cheating on my poo bars :P
    Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might have the Hair I wish for tonight!

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yeah, I was a bit afraid of waxiness to come again as a revenge. Luckily it didn't come back. Vinegar really helps! I just noticed that they are selling some vinegar based condioner with that shampoo bar and one bottle of it costs like ten times more than plain vinegar.

Length
    30/~33/~33
    Type
    1b/M/ii

the lush solid shampoos are not made of soap. They are concentrated SLS-Shampoos and not to be compared to the hair-soaps usually referred to as shampoo bars in this thread. The acid rinse is not needed with them, if you dont need or do one with regular SLS-Shampoo.
    Last edited by minnie may; October 11th, 2010 at 01:48 AM. Reason: spelling

1bMii - maintaining between waist and hip ~33 in

Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by minnie may View Post
    the lush solid shampoos are not made of soap. They are concentrated SLS-Shampoos and not to be compared to the hair-soaps usually referred to as shampoo bars in this thread. The acid rinse is not needed with them, if you dont need or do one with regular SLS-Shampoo.
    That what I was trying to say ! thanks minnie may

That said : it is easy to pick out the wrong shampoo and there are people who don't react to well on Lush solid shampoo's (I work in a Lush shop, I have them coming in to complain ! )
    What I do notice is that lots of people (not LHC lol) don't know how wet hair feels without silicons ! and there are no silicons in the lush solid shampoo's

@Aredhel77 : did you try putting eo's in your vinegar ? My hair is smelling gorgeous right now : vinegar + rosemary, ylang ylang, geranium and manderine let your eo's sit in the vinegar while you wash your hair, add water when you rince your hair and then do the vinegar rince. The eo's need some time in the vinegar to bloom

Length
    buzz/TBL/long!
    Type
    3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaatje View Post
    did you try putting eo's in your vinegar ? My hair is smelling gorgeous right now : vinegar + rosemary, ylang ylang, geranium and manderine let your eo's sit in the vinegar while you wash your hair, add water when you rince your hair and then do the vinegar rince. The eo's need some time in the vinegar to bloom
    I love this suggestion and am going to put it to use! It adds a certain pleasure-factor to a hair washing routine that involves an unscented shampoo bar (smells mildly of herbs) and outright stinky vinegar!

Type
    2a/M/ii

and it is also so nice to pick out some eo's according to your mood or for what they can do for your hair ...

Length
    ~17"/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I've been lurking this thread for a long while, and have ordered henna sooq, CV and SCH bars to try. CV and henna sooq bars aren't going great (but haven't tried them all yet, or all possible techniques), hopefully SCH bars will be better.

My question is, does anyone alternate shampoo bars with herbs or soap nut washings? I'm really trying to avoid detergents (makes my eczema terrible) and shampoo bars alone don't seem to be enough of a rotation to keep my hair happy.

TIA!
    1b/M/ii - 45"

Avatar is La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Waterhouse, 1893 Sig is Psyche et L'Amour by Bouguereau, 1889

Type
    2a/M/ii

now and again aI will do a rashoul mud or shikakai wash instead of using shampoo in whatever form. Never tried to soapnuts, I use them only to do laundry.

But to answer your question : you can alternate but more importantly listen to your hair and scalp and see what they like or dislike
    Last edited by Kyaatje; October 12th, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: typo

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

I do alternate personally, and use a bit of liquid conditioner after the shampoo bar. my hair hates greasy build up especially and gets itchy from it