Page 363 of 878 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463863 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Quote Originally Posted by whiteisle View Post
    Does anyone find that cv bars don't work for them? It seems that most people like them but I seem to have more issues with them vs the PLH ones. Just wondering....
    They didn't work for me. My scalp got all itchy and i needed to lather 3 - 4 times to get it clean. I think they're too rich for my oily hair. I love their soap bars. They're the only soap bars I use right now. Though I also need to avoid their most moisturizing bars (like honey butter, cucumber lime, shea rose) because they make my skin itchy, too. I now use mostly J. R. Liggett's shampoo bars and they work great.

I gave my CV bars to DH and they work great for his hair - typical fine blonde Caucasian hair with normal scalp.
    Last edited by sapphire-o; November 30th, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    They didn't work for me. My scalp got all itchy and i needed to lather 3 - 4 times to get it clean. I think they're too rich for my oily hair. I love their soap bars. They're the only soap bars I use right now. Though I also need to avoid their most moisturizing bars (like honey butter, cucumber lime, shea rose) because they make my skin itchy, too. I now use mostly J. R. Liggett's shampoo bars and they work great.

I gave my CV bars to DH and they work great for his hair - typical fine blonde Caucasian hair with normal scalp.
    I'm another oily-haired person who likes J.R. Liggett's shampoo bars! But, so far, my favorite shampoo bar combo is Dr. Bronner's Baby-Mild bar soap, followed with the Dr. Bronner's Citrus Conditioning rinse (1 capful in a cup or so of warm water). Leaves me clean, yet soft and moisturized.

I'm still experimenting, though, and have a new bar that seems promising.

Length
    17"/20"/24"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Welcome to the shampoo bar thread, intothemist!

Most of this thread focuses on soap-based shampoo bars, though, from time to time, someone will mention LUSH, which are SLS based. I currently have both Karma Komba and Trichomania in my soap dish. If I had to choose one, it would be Trichomania, because I feel that it is more gentle. But both work well for me as long as I use conditioner.

Ah, ok! That's my only issue with those bars, that they have SLS.

Would Val's bars (similar to Kiss My Face bars) count? Contains: contains saponified olive oil, water, sea salt and natural fragrance.
    Lady Myst of the Evanescent Veils OLHK
    Before/after lemon rinse pics

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by intothemist1999 View Post
    Ah, ok! That's my only issue with those bars, that they have SLS.

Would Val's bars (similar to Kiss My Face bars) count? Contains: contains saponified olive oil, water, sea salt and natural fragrance.
    What you're describing would quality as a soap bar. Shampoo bars often contain castor oil. For more info on the difference between the two, click here.

Some people do use soap as shampoo bars. There is one CV soap bar (lemon lavender) that works well for me sometimes.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Dr. Bonner's has a citrus conditioning rinse? aaww that I'm going to have to find.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteisle View Post
    Does anyone find that cv bars don't work for them? It seems that most people like them but I seem to have more issues with them vs the PLH ones. Just wondering....
    I think it has to do with the acidity. I like some of the CV bars, mud and clay in particular, and I have found now that I lather more than once and whichever CV bar I use, I HAVE TO use an acid rinse, whereas with the PLH and SCH I don't have to lather more than once and I don't have to use an acid rinse, but sometimes I find that using the PLH or SCH bars too many times in a row leaves my hair a bit funny, so I go back to the CV bars. Which one I use on a day to day basis really depends on what my hair feels like, what I want my hair to look like, and for how long (1 day, 2, etc).

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Henna Sooq View Post
    Dr. Bonner's has a citrus conditioning rinse? aaww that I'm going to have to find.
    Yeah, I just blogged about it again today. I know a lot of people thought it left their hair dry and tangly, but I find it gives me slip and shine, and makes my hair feel cleaner without being stripped. And it smells like oranges instead of vinegar, which is always a plus.

Umm... I took my hair down just now so I could smell it again... is that weird?

Not at all (not weird), if you're hair STILL smells orangey then I want to try some out, for sure. Are you saying you use this instead of ACV? That would be amazing for me! Because the ACV smell and all, I am just not feeling it, but I can't keep up with the shampoo bars without an ACV as it builds up in my hair.

Can you post a link to your blog? Would love to read more. I think it's okay to post the link to you blog or you can place it in your signature so I can get to it Thanks!
    Last edited by Henna Sooq; December 2nd, 2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added the word weird :)

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?u=21985

It's just my LHC blog -- if you can't see it, send me a friend request. I first started blogging about it on the 11th of November, and I've mentioned it a few times since. Yes, I use it instead of ACV, right after I wash with a bar soap or shampoo bar. And it leaves a nice light citrus scent in my hair. Unfortunately, it doesn't come in other fragrances, yet, but I should email the company and suggest they try making it in their Lemongrass Lime scent -- I have the Dr. B's shaving soap in that scent and it's yummy. And they only use essential oils so I don't have to worry as much about sensitivity (I broke out in hives in October from a fragrance oil). There's also a thread about it somewhere.... aha, here it is.

Hope it works out for you!

Thanks bunches!!