Page 360 of 797 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

I washed with the Extra Honey, Beer, and Egg bar today. I think this one is a no go for me. It made my hair kind of crunchy, which makes me think my hair did not like the protein. The lather was fantastic though. I think for someone whose hair does well with protein, it would be really good. The lather was nice and it did clean well, but for me it was drying and the ends especially are crunchy.

As for how long the samples last, I would guess they last a pretty long time. They're pretty generous samples, I would say at least 1/3 of a typical bar of soap from the grocery store.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My favourite so far is the Extra Honey, Beer & Egg . My hair became very shiny and soft and "frizzless". I Guess it depends a lot on your hairtype what works.
    :: 1b/F/M/ii :: Classic ::
    Hair goal: Long healthy natural silver hair
    Starting point: Corona pandemic 2020

Type
    1a/1b/C/ii

Not that I don't have enough shampoo bars, but.. I bought some of the SS henna bars.

Linda was very patient and willing to answer multiple back and forth email blatherings from me. ^_^

Hopefully I've gotten this distilled right - but here's what I got from her about her soaps (which, I'm sorry if this is duplicate information!) - the [ ] are my editorial comments that may have drifted far from the information Linda gave me.

- there is benefit with conditioning, shine, and hair regrowth, with the henna (candy apple) bar.
    - if the soap is used in the usual manner - put on, rinse out right after putting on - there won't be much color change [I have very dark brown/black hair, so all questions were answered on the basis of my own hair, so I'm not sure if this is true of light-colored hair, though she did say that if someone accidentally picked it up and used it as a shampoo bar, they wouldn't notice a lot of color change, so]
    - If color change is desired, lather, let sit, then rinse.
    - she has a samples of a conditioning bar that is mostly concentrated conditioner with a bit of shampoo - it has had some mixed results, so she suggests using it sparingly; one customer lathers, puts the lather on the hair, and is satisfied (as opposed to stropping the bar on the scalp).
    - She likes lather. so her bars probably will do so [so may be an easier transition from traditional liquid shampoo to shampoo bars]

I shall have to see how this works - I just had a major shed, so maybe every other week use of the henna bar will help protect my baby hairs.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Dunno
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I got my shampoo bars in! They got here really fast, I only ordered them a few days ago.

I got Summer Sunshine and Chamomile & Citrus. They both smell really good, but they also have a strong scent. Hopefully that won't be a problem when I use them.

I think I'll start with the Chamomile & Citrus one on Monday.

Length
    ears/BSL/hips
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I don't know what to do! The first time I've usde my CV shampoo bar, my hair was really waxed, it was greasy even....
    The second wash, I first washed my lengths with a normal shampoo to get the build up gone and then I rinsed with an ACV mixe. Washed my hair with the bar and then again an ACV-rinse. This was better, but what a fus!
    So friday I washed my hair again, just my head with the bar followed by an ACV-rinse. It took ages for my hair to dry and again greasy lengths....
    Help, anyone? Because I'm thinking to give up these shampoo bars and go back to using 'normal' shampoo.....
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds.
    Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tarja Sky View Post
    I don't know what to do! The first time I've usde my CV shampoo bar, my hair was really waxed, it was greasy even....
    The second wash, I first washed my lengths with a normal shampoo to get the build up gone and then I rinsed with an ACV mixe. Washed my hair with the bar and then again an ACV-rinse. This was better, but what a fus!
    So friday I washed my hair again, just my head with the bar followed by an ACV-rinse. It took ages for my hair to dry and again greasy lengths....
    Help, anyone? Because I'm thinking to give up these shampoo bars and go back to using 'normal' shampoo.....
    I often had this experience with CV shampoos, though I just assumed it was part of the price you paid for using shampoo bars, as my hair was otherwise shiny and full of body but just--weirdly waxy. And once a month, I'd absolutely have to wash with baking soda to get all the wax out because my hair would get really bad, but it would bounce right back after the baking soda wash. Anyway, a while back, I stopped using CV because of a customer service issue and tried Sweet Creek Herbs (an Etsy seller, if you haven't heard of it), and I have been AMAZED at the difference. My hair is never, ever the least bit waxy! I guess my point is, different soaps from other companies might work MUCH better for you. I didn't even know it was possible to have better results than I was getting, and I have been 100% satisfied with SCH. My hair is just as shiny and full of body as it was using CV, but without any trace of waxiness. And I really cannot say enough about how much better my hair is using shampoo soap compared to conventional shampoos, as it is normally fairly oily and limp, but not so with the shampoo soap. I'd highly recommend trying a few more sellers before giving up, as it has been VERY worth the effort to get the right soap for my hair.

Length
    BSL/waist/thigh

Quote Originally Posted by Tarja Sky View Post
    I had the same problem with CV shampoo bars, I tried several varieties and they left my hair feeling waxy even after a vinegar rinse. I can use other brands of shampoo bars without getting a wax buildup, so you may want to try a different kind. I've had good results with J.R. Liggett, Prairieland Herbs, and Henna Sooq's shampoo bars.

Also, you may need to use conditioner after the ACV rinse, at least on the ends.

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

I know it's not easy to choose and find the right bar, or even the right products at first, and no one wants to spend a bunch of money if they don't have to....especially not these days...I just feel that varying recipes make a difference as well. Like highly fattening ones would be more greasy-ish then others, but lighter ones, like for finer hair may prove better. and then you could ask how much the soapmaker superfats them because I know that varies from soapmaker to soapmaker (everyone superfats at a different percentage, the higher the percentage, then the higher content of extra oils that are not saponified).

Maybe this helps

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Chagrin Valley is much more waxy than my favorite bars, but it does rinse well if I'm VERY careful to rinse out all my ACV and lather 2-3x. They also leave my hair very dry compared to other shampoo bars, but they are easier to get.
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Length
    ears/BSL/hips
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thank you for all your answers....
    I'm going back to my normal shampoo and within a few months I'll try again, but then another brand.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds.
    Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song