Page 30 of 878 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Miss Murphy,

Yes, my hair is definitely dry. Scalp too. And the skin all over my body except my back thanks to washing oils out of my hair. Haha. Castile soap is just soap made from olive oil instead of fat isn't it? I know CV makes a soap from olive oil which I ordered a sample of (can't think which it is offhand). Could give it a shot. And will definitely look into the unscented PLH bar and other castile soaps.

ETA:

Calista, I haven't tried the Olive Babassu bar, but do have the Marshmallow Babassu. It isn't strongly scented (may not be scented at all, but I don't know if babassu has a smell) and doesn't seem to make much of a difference with the itchies. Granted, I always used it with the neem and tea tree oil bar... Perhaps I'll try it alone. Tomorrow's wash day.
    Last edited by Smokie; March 31st, 2008 at 02:05 AM.
    3b/c - F/M - ii
    Current length: 24.5" wet and stretched.

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Smokie, if you have the castille, give it a shot. Alternatively, try the olive babassu, like Calista said.
    With troublesome scalp like yours, I'd only ever try one bar at a time. Otherwise you'll never know which one's giving you all the trouble
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Account Closed by Member Request

The Babassu Marshmallow contains essential oils of ylang ylang, lemon and ginger and rosemary oil extract.

Look at Ida´s website to find out which bars are unscented.

ETA: The Honey Beer&Egg bars are also unscented, but they do contain rosemary oil extract.
    Last edited by Calista; March 31st, 2008 at 03:02 AM.

Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

The ingredients of olive babassu are: Saponified oils of olive, babassu, unrefined shea butter, and castor bean; and vitamin E oil.

That sounds pretty good for your scalp!

Also, castile calendula (Saponified olive oil; filtered rainwater; calendula petals; and vitamin E oil.) might be worth a shot - if it's good enough for a baby, it might be good enough for you
    I'm not too sure about olive & shea (Saponified oils of olive, unrefined shea butter, and castor bean; filtered rainwater; finely ground lavender flower petals; and vitamin E oil.), as it has lavender petals, and you sound like the less ingredients, the better.

Also, I checked out PLH: their Just Shampoo bar is listed as containing Olive oil, Purified Water, Castor oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Coconut oil, Palm kernel oil, & Jojoba.
    They do say it leaves hair squeaky clean, so that might already be too much cleaning for you.

Length
    APL/waist/class
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I tried my first PLH bar this morning -- Peppermint & Tea Tree. The scent is very refreshing, and it lathered well. I liked that the bar was very cleansing, but not too drying.

My hair turned out pretty well, but not as perfect as when I used CV Rosemary Lavender Aloe. I can't wait to try one of my other PLH bars when I shampoo on Thursday.

Length
    15"?/32.5"/tb
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

You guys are all enablers. I went and purchased two Serpentine 'poo bars, so... we'll see how that goes, come wash day.

Length
    7/35/50
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hrimfaxi View Post
    You guys are all enablers. I went and purchased two Serpentine 'poo bars, so... we'll see how that goes, come wash day.
    I just heard on the LJ community that they're releasing three new scents in May, and are working on liquid shampoo!!

ENABLE ENABLE ENABLE

I'll probably buy one of everything. I really dig their poo bars and the liquid shampoo would be very useful to take to the gym.
    Lady Guanyin of the Iron Leaf in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a, M, iii. Hip length achieved, Nov 2010! Next goal: 100% natural coloured hair.

Length
    27/41/45
    Type
    2c/M/ii

For some reason, I've never been interested in 'poo bars, never bothered to read anything about them... until a few days ago, when I happened across a thread that mentioned them. Now I've read all about them and bought three samples from CV (olive babassu and cafe moreno shampoos and honey butter soap)! I can't wait for them to get here!

Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Moonstone, I was the same! The old thread had a title like "CV bars" or something, and I always thought it meant the drugstore chain CVS

As soon as I read about them though, I went to CVs site and immediately put up an order!

Keep us posted how it goes once you get them, will you?

Length
    27/41/45
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Miss Murphy, I will definitely update with my impressions of the 'poo bars when I get them! I really hope they work for me, because I like the idea of them being easy to travel with and I'm also hoping I won't need conditioner anymore.

It's true that the LHC is full of enablers!