Page 22 of 878 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Hehe... You made me think of Martha Stewart, who always "just happens" to have the perfect flower or herb in her backyard. Bill Geist did a spoof where he went in his backyard and found things like empty beer cans and ugly branches. He made a "wreath." Ha!
    Haha, that's funny! Yeah I wouldn't exactly call myself Martha...

Length
    18.5/31.5/39.4?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Today, the day after washing, I have a silly, way too greasy spot on the crown and lower; where all the hair comes together.

Anyone have a clue how it greased up so quickly?
    I am fragile
    I am hopeless
    I'm not perfect, but I am free...

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Here's an update on my last post about all those CV shampoo bars I bought (and thank you to Miss Murphy for saying you don't think I'm insane).

This morning, I washed my hair with my new Cafe Moreno shampoo bar. I oiled last night with coconut oil, because I've heard some people say that the bars make their hair kind of stripped. As far as the actual shampooing process goes, here's what I did. I bought one of the nylon pouches that CV sells and put the bar in there. I rubbed it between my hands to get a lather started, and then rubbed it gently in circles around the crown of my head. I then rubbed the lather in a little with my fingers, rinsed the top and then the length, and then repeated the process.

I followed my wash with an ACV rinse, which I left on while I washed the rest of me, and then I did a cold water final rinse before getting out of the shower. My hair was just as easy to comb out as with the BS/ACV regimen I've been using for the past year, and it feels good so far.

I'll keep you all posted on how my hair is for the next few days post-wash.

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kimki View Post
    Hello, I'm gatecrashing!

I CO at the moment, but now I have read through this whole thread you have all got so curious. Does anyone have any experience ordering from CV or PLH to the UK?

Any suggestions what to go for? My hair is henna'd and is quite fine and dry, the ends are still recovering from bleach.
    Thank you in advance.
    I have ordered twice from CV to Austria (and I have a third order on the way). The first time it took almost 4 weeks, the second time not nearly two. Ida offers a very reasonably priced shipping option (the flat envelope). Plus, with the current USD-GBP exchange rate, shopping should be a steal for you anyhow.

Her bars are quite moisturizing, as has been mentioned before, so any should be fine, I guess. I would stay away from the honey beer and egg bars for a first order, but all others should be ok. Why not try an "all-time favourite", like summer sunshine? You can check out Claudia's article "How to enjoy a shampoo bar" on the CV website, she lists a couple of bars and how she liked them.

Oh, and on a personal note: I just sent out an order for PLH bars, you evil evil enablers! I ordered fragrant tresses and aloe fresh.
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

My CV bars arrived! Cafe Moreno, Summer Sunshine, and Nettle full size bars. I'll probably try the Cafe Moreno tonight and write about how it goes.

Supplier of Green Eggs Sam-I-Am's Avatar
    Length
    21"/I sat/onit!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Today, the day after washing, I have a silly, way too greasy spot on the crown and lower; where all the hair comes together.

Anyone have a clue how it greased up so quickly?
    I haven't been keeping up on this thread and don't know your routine; however, when I use a too-strong vinegar rinse, my hair looks greasy a lot faster. I have no idea why vinegar makes hair look greasy, but there is my experience!

Supplier of Green Eggs Sam-I-Am's Avatar
    Length
    21"/I sat/onit!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Yesterday I washed my scalp twice with my new full-size bar of Nettle shampoo, and conditioned the length with Honey Butter soap, followed by a very weak vinegar rinse and some conditioner. I had GREAT hair, although it was huge! I am still trying to find the best strength for the vinegar rinse - too much means greasy hair, but apparently too little makes for very fluffy hair.

But anyway, my length just loves the Honey Butter soap!

Length
    18.5/31.5/39.4?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Thanks Sam-I-Am! The funny thing is, the rest of my hair looks absolutely fine, it's just that spot on my crown. Odd!
    I am fragile
    I am hopeless
    I'm not perfect, but I am free...

Length
    Short/BCL/Long
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Murphy View Post
    I have ordered twice from CV to Austria (and I have a third order on the way). The first time it took almost 4 weeks, the second time not nearly two. Ida offers a very reasonably priced shipping option (the flat envelope). Plus, with the current USD-GBP exchange rate, shopping should be a steal for you anyhow.

Her bars are quite moisturizing, as has been mentioned before, so any should be fine, I guess. I would stay away from the honey beer and egg bars for a first order, but all others should be ok. Why not try an "all-time favourite", like summer sunshine? You can check out Claudia's article "How to enjoy a shampoo bar" on the CV website, she lists a couple of bars and how she liked them.

Oh, and on a personal note: I just sent out an order for PLH bars, you evil evil enablers! I ordered fragrant tresses and aloe fresh.
    Thank you very much for that. I will go and have another look. I'm glad you said the shipping is resonable and like you said the exchange rate helps!

I will be sure to post how I got on to all.

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by n3m3sis42 View Post
    This morning, I washed my hair with my new Cafe Moreno shampoo bar. I oiled last night with coconut oil, because I've heard some people say that the bars make their hair kind of stripped. As far as the actual shampooing process goes, here's what I did. I bought one of the nylon pouches that CV sells and put the bar in there. I rubbed it between my hands to get a lather started, and then rubbed it gently in circles around the crown of my head. I then rubbed the lather in a little with my fingers, rinsed the top and then the length, and then repeated the process.

I followed my wash with an ACV rinse, which I left on while I washed the rest of me, and then I did a cold water final rinse before getting out of the shower. My hair was just as easy to comb out as with the BS/ACV regimen I've been using for the past year, and it feels good so far.

I'll keep you all posted on how my hair is for the next few days post-wash.
    I hope it doesn't violate some kind of forum etiquette for me to be quoting my own post! Anyway, here's the latest.

My hair is really soft and shiny, and it seems generally happy. There is absolutely no tangling or frizz. My only complaint is that it's a little flat. I'm thinking that it either didn't need the oiling I gave it last night, or that once again I've overdone it with the oil (I'm really bad about that).

Anyway, so far, so good!