Page 199 of 878 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299699 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

IM not sure if you buy off ebay, but that is where I get my citric acid. I also have looked every where in my area and cant find it.

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

You can also buy it at Organic Creations, here http://www.organic-creations.com/ser...cid/Categories

Lady Maniai of the Unquenched Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20/APL/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

The soap making supply companies all sell citric acid in bulk. You can also get it in large quantities from vitamin supplement companies. I got a 5 pound jar of Now brand citric acid from vitaglo.com. They have very low shipping and it's free after $50.

Default Re: The Rinse Lounge -- Acid or Herbal

I've been doing rosemary rinses for about a month now. I can't really say what it does exactly, but I can see a difference when I don't do it. Does that make sense?

I put a couple sprigs in just boiled water, cover it, and let it steep overnight. Then in the morning, I add some hot water to warm it up a little and use it as a final rinse. I usually leave it in.

Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: The Rinse Lounge -- Acid or Herbal

Do rosemary rinses make your hair smell nice? It sounds wonderful. I have some growing in a pot. I need to try.

Length
    pixie/Clsc/?
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I just got my Serpentine poo bars and they smell great! She was out of a couple of the ones I wanted, so she gave me some of the liquid poo instead. I am very interested in trying these. She gave me an 8 oz bottle for taking so long with my order. I thought that was very decent of her.

Length
    pixie/meh/Meh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I think I should have ordered more samples from chagrin valley that are on the less moisturizing side.
    Using the HoneyCream Dream shampoo bar from sun feather was great the first and second day, but after that was entirely too moisturizing I'm thinking... My scalp was getting itchy by 3rd and 4th day, and a baking soda rinse only helped a little - and my hair was still looking too oily. Going to see how today goes - I tried my other shampoo bar sample just called "fragrant shampoo" - seems to be a mix of herbs, and is listed for all hair types rather than for dry...
    I lathered twice before using a citric acid rinse -and this time I used closer to 2 - 2 1/2 pinches per jar of water.
    It felt a little too squaky clean when wet - and I did use camellia oil again, but less than before (if it's possible lol).
    I'm not sure yet how my hair will be when completely dry - but so far it at least doesn't feel as lank.... not much silky feeling to it either which kind of sucks... and the shine doesn't really seem to be there either.
    I wonder if I will be able to achieve some semblance of the silk texture I got with s&c... Maybe if I followed up with an herbal rinse next time? That seemed to make my hair softer and shinier last time I used it. Actually - that might be it.. the first times I didn't use the herbal rinse, I used the moisturizing shampoo bar - hair is good... then I used both together, and also tried a body bar soap in hair as well with herbal rinse - over moisturized again...
    Might have to experiment - maybe for reg shampoo bars I need an herbal rinse, and for the moisturizing ones, I just need the plain citric acid rinse... hmmmm.

Length
    12/19/24
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

So of the 'poo bars I've tried so far:

SH - Medusa I looove the smell of this one, but unfortunately it just doesn't agree with my hair type. I have super straight hair, and it really weighs it down. It does, however, still make a *wonderful* body wash.

Nutty Bea Farm - Honey and Oatmeal with Peppermint This is actually a body soap, but I used it on my hair one day and I love it; leaves my hair soft and bouncy. The peppermint smell sweet, not overpowering.

CV - Nettle I think this one is my favorite so far, as it gives me lots of body, and the smell is divine. Oh, and the lather is awesome!

CV - Cafe Moreno I've only used this once, so I don't want to make a full judgement of it yet. The smell is nice, but it doesn't lather as much as the Nettle. My hair seemed pretty good when it dried, but unfortunately it snowed loads here so I've been donning a hat. More details to come later

----

OH! And I just have to say - I think I may have converted someone the other day, she was super intrigued by the 'poo bars and ordered a bunch of samples. Hehe..

Length
    BSL/waist/thigh

Quote Originally Posted by CopperHead View Post
    I just got my Serpentine poo bars and they smell great! She was out of a couple of the ones I wanted, so she gave me some of the liquid poo instead. I am very interested in trying these. She gave me an 8 oz bottle for taking so long with my order. I thought that was very decent of her.
    I've been using Serpentine shampoo bars for a couple of weeks now and like them. They are a lot more moisturizing than other 'poo bars I have tried. I do have to alternate them with Prairieland Herb bars or my hair gets over conditioned. I don't mind this because it's much better than having dry, crunchy hair.

I also received a sample of the liquid shampoo. It is nice and gentle, but I prefer the bars.

Length
    20/APL/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

chickpea, do they list the ingredients on the liquid shampoo? I'm having a lot better luck with liquid shampoos.