Page 151 of 878 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 8775

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Thank you desdemona., I feel like I should bow or something lol.

I have also been using a non SLS shampoo regularly for a long time ( I get dandruff and irritation if I use SLS regularly) I do have an SLS clarifying shampoo that I used once a few weeks ago because I was trying a brand new hair experiment lol. I have only used SLS one time in the last year or so, so I asume my scalp is used to something more mild.
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” -Jack Handy

Length
    15/20.5/bsl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Suldrun View Post
    healingsolitude, I am glad to hear about your hair thickness.

Yes, I am pleased with the results so far. I was really surprised at how easy mine detangled, of course I did detangle it very well with oil before I washed.
    It is good that you are so happy with the results already! And your bar even rinsed out the oils you had used before the shampoo bar. I've heard where some have issues getting all of the oils out. Perhaps that is another hard water issue, though.

Now you have to deal with the tough decision on whether or not to stick with that bar or give in and try another. It can be very hard to resist moving onto another one. I try to give each one at least a week without rotating so that I can see how well I respond to each one after repeated uses. The rest go in my closet where they can hide from my curious glances and be less tempting.

Length
    22/29/Term
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

healingsoletude, yes all my oil was rinsed out

I am going to be moving at the end of the month. It's not far away but I hope I will still be using the same water.

Yes it's so tempting to try a new bar. I have already tried 2 of the soap bars
    I think I will try and stick with this one for at least a week and see how it goes, that is if I have the self control.
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” -Jack Handy

Length
    15/20.5/bsl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

It shouldn't be a problem if you are only moving a short distance. Most of the ones I've seen dealing with changes in the water with different areas would be the ones who traveled somewhere or moved a good deal away to another state.

You could try hiding the rest of the shampoo bars and forgetting about them. But then out of sight doesn't always mean out of mind. I'm the same way as you when it comes to the soap bars. Those just need to be rotated constantly. Or that is what I tell myself. lol.

Account Closed by Member Request

FWIW, I do not get good results with any one shampoo bar used multiple times in a row. I make a point of rotating with each wash.

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by avraea View Post
    I've been trying to hold out against all this raving over dairy whip because I love cv bars and really can't afford to get into yet another new product. I've tried all but a small handful of Ida's bars and I'm quite attached to them. Except after hearing all these wonderful things about dairy whip for a while now, I'm really tempted to try, but my problem is that I have insanely dry hair. In fact, I rarely use any of the cv shampoo bars but use the most moisturizing soap bars all the time. I've never had a problem with buildup and I've been using cv bars for a long time.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has hair similar to mine who's had success with dairy whip? It sounds so lovely that I'm really tempted to try it out.

Another thing is, I'm thinking of using conditioner again. I stopped using conditioner a year ago, but for several months now my ends seem to be dryer than I'd like, and since the weather's starting to get cooler here, I'm worried about even dryer ends for the winter. I slather my hair in oil, in shea butter, all sorts of home-made hair butter recipes, but they don't seem to enough. I think I might go out and get some Aubrey Organics conditioner to try out since I've always heard good things about them.
    I'm interested if anyone has an answer to your post, as well.

We have very different hair types, but my hair is still so dry. May I ask which bars you have tried? So far I fare best with the soap bars as well - olive shea and sweet basil, out of what I've tried. But they're still so drying! I've found a strong vinegar rinse is a must but even when I oiled a ton before hand my hair was still dry after the wash.

I'm tempted to go back to CO, but this is cheaper and more natural/less chemicals, so I'm going to hold out.

So, I reiterate the question, might Dairy Whip be less drying? Or a different maker of soap?
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Mtain
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Freznow, while you're waiting for a response from avarea, I thought I might jump in and add that while my hair typically isn't too dry, I do get some drying on my ends, especially during summer when the heat was just drying out my hair. I've found that focusing my lathering on just my scalp, rather than extending it past my ears and all the way to my ends, has really cut down on the dryness. I lather up on my scalp, and then "push" some of the foam down my length, but I don't apply the soap/shampoo bar directly onto the ends. After washing out the lather, I do an ACV rinse, and then I coat my ends with some V05 conditioner, and just leave it on while I go through the rest of my shower, and then finally rinsing it off in some cool water right before I get out. I haven't had any buildup from this, and I suspect the V05 may be doing some CO-cleaning on my ends, while the shampoo bars cleans my scalp and upper regions.

Length
    26-31/Chin/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thank you for your response, Cantabile.

Your method sounds much more appealing than going back to CO. Still, I rather like not having to use a plastic bottle of anything, no matter how little the amount. I'll keep it in mind if the shampoo bars decide not to work, though.
    (Student) trapeze artist, acrobat, contortionist and more. Check out me and my partner here!

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by freznow View Post
    I'm interested if anyone has an answer to your post, as well.

We have very different hair types, but my hair is still so dry. May I ask which bars you have tried? So far I fare best with the soap bars as well - olive shea and sweet basil, out of what I've tried. But they're still so drying! I've found a strong vinegar rinse is a must but even when I oiled a ton before hand my hair was still dry after the wash.

I'm tempted to go back to CO, but this is cheaper and more natural/less chemicals, so I'm going to hold out.

So, I reiterate the question, might Dairy Whip be less drying? Or a different maker of soap?

My hair is very dry also (with an oilier scalp).....I do very well with the Olive Babassu.....also, I tried what other members have suggested....I add a small dollop of conditioner (I use Suave) to my vinegar rinse.....it makes a big difference in the condition of my hair.....
    Last edited by Dolly; October 5th, 2008 at 11:03 AM.

Length
    20/APL/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

freznow, I tend to have an oily scalp but dry hair. The Dairy Whip was extremely drying and stripped all the natural oils from my hair. It also made my scalp itch after washing the first day and the second day it burned my scalp as soon as I applied it to wash. It caused a lot of shedding and left my hair dry, snapping and with lightning bolts for a halo.