Page 13 of 878 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shampoo Bar Thread

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by helanek View Post
    i use CV bars which are wonderful for my hair and helped me with my scalp problems, and my hair seem to love them as well.
    accidentally i bought on sale a shampoo bar from this company
    http://www.themysticmasala.com/
    and although the smell is quite strong i must say it is a quite good shampoo as well. thought somebody might want to try!

cheers.
    ENABLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I'm so bookmarking that....
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Just tried the CV Scarborough Faire soap bar as shampoo. Is it just me, or does anyone else's hair seem to just DRINK the soap before you can make a lather? I swear, I have a better shot at lather if I rub the bar on my head (following the direction of growth so's not to ruffle my poor battered cuticles), so I did. And by the time I felt like I had enough on me to make a lather, I still couldn't. It felt almost like I hadn't had the soap near my head yet. So I rubbed some more and managed a meager lather. My hair felt much less "sticky/squeaky" with this bar even after the first lather. Definitely easier to fingercomb.

Then I used Nature's Gate (I think) Henna Conditioner and some Cure Care. Let that sit clipped up under a showercap while I washed my body with the SF soap. Holy cow did I get some crazy lather when I rubbed that bar on my shower puff. Not thick enough to have made it to my scalp, but still. I swear my hair eats CV bars.

It was at this point I realized I'd forgotten my ACV rinse, so I rinsed the conditioner out thoroughly and made with the ACV rinse. Let that sit a minute (rubbed into my scalp a bit). Then conditioned AGAIN with the NG Henna condish.

Hair's still drying but it feels and smells quite nice. I don't have time to wash like this every day, but I think I'll call it my WWCACVC (Wash, Wash, Condition, Apple Cider Vinegar, Condition).

Now that the family stuff is done, it's time to put a bit more oil on my ends and get to sleep.

This hair... It drinks anything close to liquid that comes near it....
    3b/c - F/M - ii
    Current length: 24.5" wet and stretched.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    I just love the summer sunshinebar.I did lather up twice and followed up with acv/honey rinse.My hair just said thank you thank you.But I managed to get to much oil when I was supposed to do a light oiling.So light suddenly became heavy.But my ends doesn't complain so I'll co it out tomorrow I think..
    I'm glad that your hair enjoyed Summer Sunshine so much, Carina!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Anyone notice the ACV rinse not working as well after awhile or is it just me?
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Im so frusterated with poo bars. I cant seem to get away from that waxy feeling, and I cant go more than 3 days max between washings. I only ordered 2 bars to start with, the marshmallow and babassu and the extra honey beer and egg, and I have the same problem with both of them. So I ordered some more samples (havent gotten here yet) and Im hoping theres at least one in there that will work for me.
    I used the marshmallow and babassu on DD4 last night with an ACV rinse and then a light oiling with sweet almond oil and her hair is beautiful this morning. Im so jealous sometimes :/

My CV bars order came in today that I ordered a week ago I can't wait to use them tomorrow...
    I'll report back how it goes

Deb in UpState NY
    2a/f/iii 1/4"/pixie/40"/TB/CLASSIC/TERMINAL

375/188/175

Bringer of teh lolz Miss Murphy's Avatar
    Length
    ear/BSL/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Sky View Post
    Im so frusterated with poo bars. I cant seem to get away from that waxy feeling, and I cant go more than 3 days max between washings. I only ordered 2 bars to start with, the marshmallow and babassu and the extra honey beer and egg, and I have the same problem with both of them. So I ordered some more samples (havent gotten here yet) and Im hoping theres at least one in there that will work for me.
    I used the marshmallow and babassu on DD4 last night with an ACV rinse and then a light oiling with sweet almond oil and her hair is beautiful this morning. Im so jealous sometimes :/
    Ohio Sky - you might just have picked just the wrong ones to start out with. I know that the marshmallow and babassu is VERY moisturising, and the honey beer and egg is used by most LHCers as a protein treatment, not as a regular shampoo.

I am still transitioning, too - I can go for a week without washing if I use regular shampoo, but only 5 days with a CV bar (and the last day is really icky). I have slightly better results with the rosemary mint and the chamomile citrus.

If I were you, I wouldn't give up on the bars just yet
    Lady Entropy of the Lawless Lands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Bringer of teh lolz (bringer of the laughs) - check out the lolcritters-thread!

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

All of you are horrible enablers! I just order a couple of samples from CV yesterday because of this thread.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Ohio Sky, I agree with Miss Murphy. The Olive Babassu bar is extremely moisturizing. In fact, I have stopped using it because I was having gunk problems on my scalp. I don't like the honey beer & egg at all. It made my hair unhappy.

My favourite is the Summer Sunshine. DH uses that one as an all-over hair & body bar.

Lora410, I don't use ACV anymore. It worked well in the beginning, but I find that a white vinegar & citric acid rinse are amazing for me. I put 1 tbsp of vinegar and 1/2 tsp of powdered citric acid (I buy True Lemon from the spice aisle at the grocery store) in a pitcher of warm filtered water and dip my length in it, then pour it over my head. The vinegar smell goes away faster too.

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I just ordered my first CV bar. Im so excited, I cant wait for it to get here. I ordered the Rosemary Lavander Aloe bar. I wanted to get the summer one, but all sold out. i think this one will work good. I will write back when I get my hands on it lol.

I HATE