Thread: Brown henna ?

Default Brown henna ?

Hey people, I know nothing about henna but it looks like everyone has red hair who does henna....is there brown henna ?? I dont really prefer red but would like to try henna. Its supposed to be good for your hair right ?? Does anyone have pics of the brown henna (if it exists ) also where can u buy it ? Thanks, I have tried to look this up myself but find it daunting.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Brown henna ?

Pure henna yields only red or orange, but you can buy a mix of henna and indigo that yields various dark shades that could be called brown. There's a thread with lots of pictures out there; hope you know how to search because I don't know how to link.

Length
    SL/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

I have used henndigo to cover up my bad home highlight job, there's a pic in my album. I used 1 part henna and 2 part indigo.

Length
    Pixie/18/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I tried to use a "brown henna" mix (Henna with Indigo). I never got a decent brown from it though. In addition within about 2-3 weeks the indigo seemed to fade to leave behind the copperish orange from the henna. So folks certainly have more luck with it though

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

I used buxus over henna. You can check it out in my albums, I also have some pictures in my blog. My siggy shows my current color from henna/buxus...however that is wet hair which shows my length better so it's a bit darker. It yielded a lovely brown. My issue is that it fades fast and becomes a bit orangy after a few weeks. I don't have time to keep doing it. My last buxus treatment seems to have stuck better. I'm going to try to grow it out from here. I will redo the buxus on my length once I get a few inches of roots, that is if I need to redo it again.

I would suggest not messing with any henna at all if you don't want to risk having orange hair. The color henna yields is not easy to get rid of. Even indigo isn't guaranteed to stay as much as henna does. With the counter color fading you will almost always have to keep retouching and retreating it. Maybe try cassia instead

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

You could try Rainbow Henna, they have some brown shades.
    http://www.rainbowresearch.com/index.php?cPath=24
    Lady Aílouros of the Many-Tailed Mysteries in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Length
    27 in/27 in/34 in

I last dyed my hair with 200 grams of henna and 100 grams of buxus mixed together. I was kind of expecting a medium brown tone, but I ended up with a dark auburn which still looked pretty nice. The only thing I noticed was it faded pretty quickly than when I dyed my hair just with henna. I started ordering mine from www.hennasooq.com and there's tons of info on that site about everything you need to know

Raven, the link says "bad gateway".
    Lady Aílouros of the Many-Tailed Mysteries in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Type
    3c/F/ii

i've heard that you can add coffee or cocoa to make it brown.