Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Clever Hair Tips and Tricks

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Clever Hair Tips and Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by LouLaLa View Post
    This tip sounds amazing! I want to do an asprin mask and Id like to do my scalp as I have been COing for many weeks now but dont want to use shampoo (my hair just hates it)

Are there any specific tips for this? Should I mix it with some honey or coconut oil?

Thankyou

Oh and my contribution to the group since Im begging tips I feel I should try put something back in to the pot

I origionally came up with these for Henrietta but sock bun folks may enjoy these tips:

* Use hoisery as the "sock" as it will be very light weight and the static of the lycra should grab your hair better as well as being much lighter to hold
    * When rolling, "you say youve rolled as much as you can", have you been rolling and pulling tight then rolling again at about 1/4 of the way though the rolling process? (I find this vital to get a tight bun)
    * I would use a bobby pin after you have fully rolled to pin the bun into place.
    * Try doing your hair in a high pony tail so that when the bun "drops" it dosent really matter too much!
    *Make sure the pony tail from which you are working from is very flat, tight without hurting and sleek- if the foundation is wrong the bun wont work.
    * Use a very fine hair elastic thats very fine to pull in all the slack hair after youve rolled the bun- I find this really useful when my hair isnt co-operating!)
    * When trying to hide the colour of the sock and get hair all round the bun, dont use fingers to move it, use the palm of your hand and keep smoothing it with the palm, it works pretty well.
    * Spritz hair with a little water or some sort of hair mist before you begin so that the hair "grabs" at the material more.
    *Keep rolling and rolling if the bun is slack, there are usually two more rolls than you think.
    These tricks work. Trust me, people My sock bun has been staying on my head for 12 hours, still perfect! Thank you once again, LouLaLa

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    These tricks work. Trust me, people My sock bun has been staying on my head for 12 hours, still perfect! Thank you once again, LouLaLa
    Phew! Now lend me your hair Its so darned pretty you lucky lady!
    SOCK BUN ADDICT
    STASH CHALLENGE & NO DYE CHALLENGE

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LouLaLa View Post
    Phew! Now lend me your hair Its so darned pretty you lucky lady!
    Ok. I can lend it for a week. But you will borrow me yours!

Today I discovered something. When I was doing a cinnabun I used to wrap the hair around the base of the bun and in the same time I was twisting the strand of hair around itself. I ended up with mesy bun Today I did it in different way: first, I twisted the strand of hair as long as I could, which means almost to the end, I am only at BSL, and when I had it twisted already I started wrapping it around the base. Magic! Really! My twists are visible, like this hypnotising pattern, you know Tadaaa!

Length
    17/20/25
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    Today I discovered something. When I was doing a cinnabun I used to wrap the hair around the base of the bun and in the same time I was twisting the strand of hair around itself. I ended up with mesy bun Today I did it in different way: first, I twisted the strand of hair as long as I could, which means almost to the end, I am only at BSL, and when I had it twisted already I started wrapping it around the base. Magic! Really! My twists are visible, like this hypnotising pattern, you know Tadaaa!
    I'm so going to try this! My cinnabuns always end up looking messy. Thanks for the tip!

ETA: It works!!!
    Growing out 5 years' worth of henna
    Shoulder Length --> Armpit Length --> Bra-strap Lenght Wurly --> Midback Abyss

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I'm so going to try this! My cinnabuns always end up looking messy. Thanks for the tip!

ETA: It works!!!
    I am so glad it works! I was afraid that everyone knows that and I am the only person in TLHC who cannot make a cinnabun that looks like a cinnabun

Length
    Flip/Waist/Clssc
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I always had trouble doing cinnabuns, until I got this tip: twist the hair as tight as you can, but keep the COILS as loose as you can!
    Lady Laughing Wolf of the Forest Glades of Memory of the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Yamainu View Post
    I always had trouble doing cinnabuns, until I got this tip: twist the hair as tight as you can, but keep the COILS as loose as you can!
    It works too! Thaaanks! Plus, my bun lookg bigger=my hair looks thicker. Yaay!