Quote Originally Posted by mamaherrera View Post
weird things of our unique bodies. My question after reading that great write-up on sebum is this: I either sulfate-free wash or water wash daily BUt. . . I still have it. Now let's say I need to try and wash less frequently, but if I have lots of sebum right now, should I wash right now to get rid of it and then start doing less frequent washes, or leave it on my scalp/hair and wait out another couple days to wash regardless?? also, yesterday I just rinsed my scalp, scritched lightly with a wide-tooth comb and did a citric acid rinse, thinking that might help. But now I have more of it, so what would that mean for my pH balance of my scalp. It's all such good info, but when my scalp is opposite of all this, then I get confused. I didn't like the sugar scrub cuz it was messy and if you apply to much pressure, I feel like you can hurt the scalp/hair, but I might try an oil massage and then do a shampoo brush/massage of scritch to get the same benefits of the sugar with the oil.
I am really wondering about the same!
Can somebody on NW/SO routine address this issue? I would assume that the more you stretch your washes the more white gunk will build up? Or does the scalp just stabilize and the gunk is removed through scritching only?