Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

Length
    :(/:|/:)
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

We all talk about them... we all wonder what the "best" product or method is... but how many of us really remember to do a deep treatment every week? I know I always manage to put it off or forget... it's June, and I haven't done a single DT yet this year.

So! I propose a challenge.
    - At least once a week, EVERY week, do a 30 minute deep treatment. [You can alter this if you stretch washes a long time to match your individual tastes - i.e. every two weeks if that's how long you stretch.]
    - Use any method you like (just conditioner, an SMT, straight up oils, Cassia or any other mud-mix, kitchen mash-ups, or some other variant I'm probably forgetting ), and feel free to mix and match them as you like from week to week.
    - Keep it warm! Wrap your head in plastic wrap and put on a tight fitting hat, use an electric or microwavable heat cap, sit in the sun or a sauna - but do whatever you can to help your treatment absorb.
    - Check in and let us know how it's going!

Who's up for taking a trip to delightfully, deliciously, deep conditioned hair?

Right now I'm sitting around with Walgreen's BioInfusion Balm (generic Biolage) on my head, combined some coconut and sweet almond oils, under a shower cap and wool beanie. So far, so good!

Length
    shldr/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

I would love to be in, but weekly would be overkill for me I've been trying to find a balance and I think I did. Best not to fix what isn't broken, right?

Length
    :(/:|/:)
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by FluffSpider View Post
    I would love to be in, but weekly would be overkill for me I've been trying to find a balance and I think I did. Best not to fix what isn't broken, right?
    Definitely best not to try and fix what isn't broken. You could still join the chit chat if you wanted - I guess I was just thinking of malnourished hair like mine when I said weekly - plus, there are probably lots of people out there with a hair type similar to yours wondering what your treatment routine is now.

Length
    18/26/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I could do it monthly I get lazy, so this is the motivation I need.

Length
    Chin/APL+/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I can do this every 2 weeks... every week will make my hair a bit greasy. And since I wash my hair once a week I need time to squeeze in clarifying and other things. I hope I'm still allowed to hang around here.
    ~Making mistakes means learning new things~

Length
    22/Pixie/ASL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I do one about every two weeks. Olive Oil Conditioner with some other things added.
    ~Pixie ~ Chin ~APL ~ BSL ~ MBL~ Waist ~ Hip ~ TB ~ Class~

Length
    Shldr/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm up for this every 2 weeks. I'd like a place to document my results with trying different things, as I'm still trying to figure out what works for my hair.

Length
    7/11/waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Defintely will join in for a weekly DT
    Tonight will be my first avacado and evoo mix DT

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Whenever I wash my hair I always let the conditioner sit on my dry hair for around half an hour before showering. Sometimes I turn that into a deep treatment.

I used to do an overnight oiling every week...but then slowly started missing them but I should start that again. It really helps a lot with my dandruff/itchiness...maybe I'll try to do one this week and then do weekly.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    25/29.5/32
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

this sounds great i am so in! i actually started doing this two weeks ago, i'm trying out a coconut milk mask i found at the drugstore, but i've been leaving it in for only 15 minutes, i'll try 30 tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.