Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

Length
    18/28/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

Im joining, I love looking at peoples hair recipes and seeing what works.

I will have a read through the thread to get some ideas but is there anything I should start off with?
    Start: *24*25*26* BSL (27) *28**29* Year 1 MBL (30) *31*Waist (32) *33*34*35* Hip (36) *37*38*39* TBL (40) Finished! Maybe...

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

I'm in! I do a deep treatment about once a month. The recipe I normally use is:

1 avocado (mashed up with just a fork, no blender necessary.)
    1 tablespoon honey
    1 tbsp olive oil

Mix it all together, plop it on damp hair and then leave for at least an hour, preferably longer. Rinse out and do your normal wash routine. I normally shampoo and condition, but I don't see why you couldn't CWC.

However, although I love my deep treatment recipe I'm going to have to stop using it. I live with my parents at the moment and my mum wants me to stop using it because I've had a hard time getting some of the dried avocado out of the old towels I've been using. Opps.

So, my question is: does anyone have any recipes involving coconut milk? I've looked at some people's advice on here and I'm a bit confused about whether you simply do a rinse or leave it on for longer. I bought some at the health shop near me today and would love to know if anyone does a treatment with coconut milk please let me know what you do, if you use any other ingredients with it and how long you live the treatment on? And if you follow with shampoo and conditioner?

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I'm in!!

I just completed my final semester in college (woot!) and it was, by far, the busiest I have ever been. My poor hair and skin were completely neglected. Saturday I did my first henna treatment since December and I seriously feel like a million bucks!

When I was doing weekly treatments before, I really enjoyed my hair more - it's my "me time" so I am looking forward to getting back to that.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I'm in. It's easy in my case: I CWC weekly, second C is any thick masque for damaged hair + honey under plastic cap for an hour or so. I hope using 'cones is OK for this deep treatment My dye-damaged hair really likes 'cones.
    I also do scalp massage with Vatika hair oil the day before CWC. And that's probably my favourite deep treatment so far.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I am joining this, and sticking to it! Tonight, I will clarify then do a cassia and conditioner DT for an hour or so (here's to hopeing the cassia works........)
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    22"/32"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I've done a couple overnight castor oil scalp/coconut oil on the lengths treatments this week, I love vacation!
    Guardian Julia of the Rock, Shaman of Animism in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    four/28/33
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

I'm going to join in too, my poor hair has suffered a fair bit of abuse lately. Going to regularly oil my hair overnight

Length
    10/8/term
    Type
    4a/F/iii

I'm in!!! I like to use redken products mixed with aloe vera juice. Here was the routine I used yesterday and it was amazing if I might add.
    1). I used redken butter treat, bioinfusion the professional conditioner, shea moisture hair masque (I can't remember which one), aloe vera gel, and NOW Foods sweet almond oil mixed together for a pre poo. I know that those are crazy amounts of products but I have finally found the right products for me, after starting my hair journey four-five years ago lol.
    2). Yesterday instead of doing a weekly cleansing with shampoo I used Vo5 tea tree clarifying conditioner with acv and baking soda mixed in. I have to say that I usually shampoo my scalp but my hair did not feel stripped.
    3). Then I used redken all soft deep conditioner and combed that in and I have to say that I had the easiest time detangling my hair!!!!! It still took 30-60 minutes but it was a breeze!!!!

From now on I think I am going to start using acv and baking soda in my conditioners that way I don't have to use my deep cleansing non-sulfate shampoo at least once a week.

I just want to add that aloe vera juice and an oil of your choice make a really great pre shampoo treatment, deep conditioner, or a leave in product. I know that this is common knowledge but aloe vera really has helped my hair retain more moisture.

To the original poster, can we do a protein treatment in place of our regular moisturizing deep conditioner? Thanks!!!!

Length
    Neck/APL/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm joining too. I will try to do every week, if not then at least every other week.

As we get sauna i plan to do it every Friday while i'm in sauna, it's only 15 min, but the heath must be good for absorbing deep treatment in hair faster

I will report how it goes on friday or saturday

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I'd join but I don't call this a challenge but a regular habit. Happy DT-ing everyone!

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.