Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dyeing my hair with splat

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Dyeing my hair with splat

As i write im currently drying my hair. i just clarified no conditioner.
    Btw im NOT using the bleach. im just going to use the color. ive picked luscious razberries.
    ill post pics if anyones interested...if not...ill probably still post pics.

................................!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATED !!!!!!!!!!........................................ ....
    Last edited by hannabiss; June 10th, 2015 at 06:50 AM.
    Who knows what I'm gonna do with my hair anymore...

Length
    23/32/41
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Dying my hair with splat

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Sometimes I dye my bangs using manic panic's Enchanted Forest over my natural hair color. The color doesn't last too long for me but I like it while it lasts.
    "It must have been the roses, the roses or the ribbons in her long brown hair" -Robert Hunter

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

for me splat stays vibrant in my hair for two months then starts to fade over the next few months. it has stay power for me. though nothing has lasted as long as specail effects. i had special effects stay in a whole year!!

Dr. Technicolor DreamBuns pastina's Avatar
    Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

i'm going to write something now about splat, i've written it before, and i'll keep writing it, because i want to turn as many people against them as possible.

i bought a kit from them for the color, not the bleach. well, while daddy was watching the little ones and i was rinsing dye out of my hair, my at-the-time 20 month old took a tiny sip of the peroxide. tiny, tiny. then he foamed at the mouth and threw up.

all that, so far, is our fault. that's what happens when you ingest peroxide. i called poison control. they needed to know what strength the peroxide was.

check your box, it doesn't tell you. oh, there's a handy phone number, though! ...but, guess what, they aren't able to be contacted during normal business hours. it's ok! you can go to the website for more info! oh... but that website just directs you to the phone number that only is helpful from 9-4, or whatever.

here's the thing-- if a toddler ingests a tiny sip of 30 volume peroxide, he'll have a tummy ache and will be sick a while. if it's 40 volume, even with a tiny sip, he can die from resulting burns. now, i have experience with hair dye. lots of it. and i trusted my instincts that it was not 40 volume peroxide, and my son ended up being fine.

but, here's where splat really messed up in my eyes. i sent splat's customer service form an email, like, "i need to know the volume of the peroxide in your kit. please help me-- poison control needs this information because my 20 month old son took a sip of your product."

they took almost THREE DAYS to respond, and when they did, they said, "it is 30 volume."

THATS IT. that was the entire email.

how inhuman! maybe i'm wrong to feel so slighted by this company, but, let me tell you... i really don't feel wrong and it's been eight months since it happened.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

thats is really messed up

Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

yeah, i know. i AM interested to see how your hair turns out, though. i'm a big fan of color <3 (special fx is my fav too!!)

Length
    23/32/41
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pastina View Post
    i'm going to write something now about splat, i've written it before, and i'll keep writing it, because i want to turn as many people against them as possible.

i bought a kit from them for the color, not the bleach. well, while daddy was watching the little ones and i was rinsing dye out of my hair, my at-the-time 20 month old took a tiny sip of the peroxide. tiny, tiny. then he foamed at the mouth and threw up.

all that, so far, is our fault. that's what happens when you ingest peroxide. i called poison control. they needed to know what strength the peroxide was.

check your box, it doesn't tell you. oh, there's a handy phone number, though! ...but, guess what, they aren't able to be contacted during normal business hours. it's ok! you can go to the website for more info! oh... but that website just directs you to the phone number that only is helpful from 9-4, or whatever.

here's the thing-- if a toddler ingests a tiny sip of 30 volume peroxide, he'll have a tummy ache and will be sick a while. if it's 40 volume, even with a tiny sip, he can die from resulting burns. now, i have experience with hair dye. lots of it. and i trusted my instincts that it was not 40 volume peroxide, and my son ended up being fine.

but, here's where splat really messed up in my eyes. i sent splat's customer service form an email, like, "i need to know the volume of the peroxide in your kit. please help me-- poison control needs this information because my 20 month old son took a sip of your product."

they took almost THREE DAYS to respond, and when they did, they said, "it is 30 volume."

THATS IT. that was the entire email.

how inhuman! maybe i'm wrong to feel so slighted by this company, but, let me tell you... i really don't feel wrong and it's been eight months since it happened.
    How scary! I'd be really frustrated with them too. I'm glad your son was okay
    "It must have been the roses, the roses or the ribbons in her long brown hair" -Robert Hunter

Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

^thank you. he was not a happy dude for a few days, but he got through it.

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Dyeing my hair with splat

I added pics at top. yay for editing.

Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Dyeing my hair with splat

looks lovely!!