Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Weekly Deep Treatment Challenge

I am joining all of you in this challenge (my very first one, ever :-D ). My hair had been acting badly for almost a month and yesterday I finally went for a little trim. I was asked if I wanted a hair mask after my (double) shampoo and I agreed, knowing that it would be some cone-filled and heavily fragranced mask. But it worked! My hair is looking and feeling its best again. Maybe going all-natural and cone-free isn't really the way to go for my hair...
    So I have decided I will indulge once a week in a commercial mask that's left on for at least 5 minutes. I bought a relatively cheap hair mask from Hema and I will be using that, starting next week. I also plan to get my favorite Elsève mask again. When I used that in the past, I had amazing results and together with hair that felt light. Plus the smell was amazing on me, better than any perfume I have...

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Im in!! Up for the challenge. Doing an indigo gloss as we speak.
    Last edited by Lissandria; August 29th, 2011 at 01:48 AM.

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I wondered if anyon here DT'ed everytime they washed?

I only really wash my hair once to twice and week at the mo since its already pretty cold here in the uk and my hair takes a whole day to dry...I DT everytime. Spray my hair damp, apply my DT, wait and hour or two, then wash.

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I want to join this thread. I have henna on top of my head now, and I want to continue with oil treatments and SMT in following weeks. This thread motivates me

Length
    25/25/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

i just did my dt a couple days ago and i really liked it=)
    i got one of my applicator bottles and just walked around my kitchen and bathroom throwing stuff in lol i think it was mostly
    -evoo, VO5(the purple flower one), some aloe vera juice, water and a little bit of henna.
    it detangled very welland my hair had a ton of slip once i rinsed and coed it out

I finally did a few coconut milk soaks.... and I think my hair loves it more than it does coconut oil or olive oil. It's just more effort, I need to do it on nights that I have some free time to dedicate to hair duties and I need to keep it in the fridge and use it up during the week. But wow, asides from alternating my washes with CO washes, I think I found a winner. Maybe if I can manage to stretch washes, I'm only going to wash with coconut milk soaks from now on... oh and I found a way to look normal during a DT: make sure hair is not dripping wet, cover with plastic or shower cap, then cover that entire thing with a cute beanie.

Length
    shldr/waist/waist
    Type
    1a/M/iii

Im in I just did my first smt wed night and what a difference I decided to do them weekly and this will keep me motivated..condition on (:

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'll jump on the band wagon I'll mix up my DT's every week (SMT, heavy oils, protein, etc) but I'll jump in! I think I'll start with a SMT I just clarified tonight so I'm sure I could use some added moisture.

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    22"/32"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Hello everyone! I am ready to join the challenge. I have been lurking around LHC for a while and it's so gooood to find out that other people are obsessed with hair.

Got my first jar of organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil a few days ago, and tonight I slathered/bagged/turbied both my daughter's hair and my own, to leave on overnight. I have BSL commercially colored hair, layered to chin. Goal is tailbone with fairy tail ends. I plan to henndigo (just ordered some BAQ), and CO wash from now on - CO washing was such a revelation! Thank you LHC!

In the coming weeks I want to try an SMT, would anyone like to mention their favorite non-animal-tested no-cone conditioners to use in the mix?

Length
    Waist/Chin/Neck
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I did a heavy oiling yesterday with coconut oil, but I think I used too much oil, because I had to CO-wash twice and use shampoo with SLS to get it out. I don't know why but the coconut oil DT seems to work really well sometimes, but sometimes it just doesn't come off amd makes my ends crunchy. I guess I just should do it once a month at most, and do SMT's in between.

Has anyone noticed that DT's don't really do anything after a few months? I just remembered how my hair used to feel after SMT's, it felt a lot softer. Is my hair just so healthy that deep treatments don't do anything? I clarify so it's not build up.