Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I was a difficult customer today

Length
    21/22/40
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: I think I was a difficult customer today

You don't sound like a difficult customer at all! If you yelled at them, said they were doing everything all wrong, don't know what they're doing, etc., that would be a difficult customer. It seems like you just made things easier for her by doing the parts you wanted done in a particular way yourself.

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotica View Post
    Were is the problem with henna and heat??
    Very high heat may to turn henna hair much darker.

Alvrodul, I think you did just fine. Not many hair stylists are used to such long hair, unless they are cutting it off.
    I love mixing up my oils!

Length
    22"/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Kudos to you, Alvrodul. I hope you educated some stylists on proper long hair care!
    *******Firefly*******
    2a/F-M/ii ~~ Hip

Length
    25"/25.5"/40.0"
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I think you did a fantastic job. Just imagine how horribly you would have felt if you had let the stylist proceed with abusing your hair. You would have regretted that much more than merely requesting she do things according to your wishes.

Length
    buzz/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

You don't sound difficult at all! Good for you for taking charge!

Last time I went to a hairdresser I refused to let her wash my hair since I'd already washed it that morning. She asked me if I'd "washed it properly", which to her meant shampooing twice and not using conditioner. I looked at her like she had two heads
    Buzz~Pixie~Chin~SL~APL~BSL~Waist~TBL

Length
    Pixie/SL+/MBL
    Type
    4a/F/ii

It doesn't sound like you were difficult at all. I go to the salon with my hair completely ready for a trim (no cutting on wet hair for me as I'm curly). Then I watch the stylist like a hawk. Luckily the lady that I go to knows that I'm trying to grow my hair and will trim even less than I think I need if she doesn't agree that it needs to go.

Length
    waist/calf/term
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

You were obviously prepared to stand up for yourself and it paid off! I salute your courage and I am glad you took control of the situation for the sake of your lovely hair, and your peace of mind! It must have been a novel and instructive experience for the whole salon!

Good job!
    Lady Bernadetta of the Fabulous Four Tops Forever Fanatics ~
    in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!

Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    WOW good for you, I wish I was that brave. I had a trim two days ago and the experience was not as good as yours. I think my hairdresser hates my hair. She took a brush out after trying to rip through my hair with a comb. I was mortified but I just went with it because I already feel like I am a *beep* in the *beep* when I see her... First I don't want them to wash my hair which makes everyone look at me like I am crazy. Since I have a sensitive head, super tangly hair and use CV shampoo bars it is just too much of a hassle for me to have someone wash my hair. So I basically wash my hair before I leave the house and arrive with wet hair at the salon. This is when I start getting looks from the stylists. Second, I was the only one at the salon who had their natural color which made me feel even more like an alien life form. Third, I was the only one with longer hair there. And fourth I never want a blow dry. So when she started brushing my wet tangly hair I just started thinking how I really hate going to the salon and I sooo need to learn how to cut my own hair. I wanted to tell her to stop but I just couldn't....ugh

Wouldn't it be great if we had an LHC approved stylist regional listing?
    Why do you have to feel like you're bothering them by PAYING to have your hair RUINED? You are trusting someone else with your head; you should be very able to tell them what to do with it. And just because everyone else isn't confident enough to have their natural color, it shouldn't make you feel bad.

I wonder if hair dresseres see a pretty girl with long hair walk in and screw up your hair because they are jealous. It's almost like they speak a different language to us. I always picture them thinking "This girl doesn't know a thing about hair so I will just do what I want to it"

I haven't been to a hair cut/salon in 6 years (since it was up to me, I was 11). When I was little I always thought that they should pay ME to take my precious hair. :P
    We are stardust; billion year old carbon
    We are golden. Caught in the Devil's bargain
    And we've got to get ourselves back to the garden

Good for you! You're paying them money and you really should not let them ruin years of growing your hair out and all of your care to keep it healthy. I haven't been in a salon for almost 2 years and I'm totally scared of them yanking a brush through my wet hair and cutting too much or layering too much and then using a blow dryer and curling iron afterwards and baking tons of styling products into it. But I do miss a professional cut- I can't see the back of my own head when I cut my hair and Feye's method doesn't give me a crisp clean edge on the hemline.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Glad i am not the only one! and good for you, a brush indeed honestly!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip