Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetically how different would your life be if you were bald?

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

Default Hypothetically how different would your life be if you were bald?

Don't worry guys this isn't my "I'm shaving my head!" freakout thread. I love my hair way too much to really part with it.

But earlier tonight I decided to time myself to see how long my haircare routine takes. I took my waterproof stopwatch into the shower and started counting down. Tonight I first wet down my hair and I did a deep treatment with Nigelle LX. I let that sit for 10 minutes and then rinsed it out with warm water. Second step, I then applied my Nexxus Scalp Therapy conditioner and rinsed that out with cooler water to lock in the shine. After stepping out of the shower, I then sprayed my soaking wet locks with Nexxus BioNutrient Treatment spray. Its a great leave-in conditioner that is my miracle detangling all my thick hair. I stepped into the shower at exactly 7:30 PM and stepped out at 8:05. And I took another 12 minutes detangling all of my hair thoroughly with the Nexxusleave-in spray. So in total tonight my routine from start to finish took 47 minutes. I'm still waiting for my hair to completely air-dry as I type this right now, which will take around another 4 hours.

So now I'm just thinking to myself how much time I would save in my everyday and weekly routine if I didn't have all this hair to take care of. First off I would save so much more spending money. I wouldn't need any more hair products and I'd have anywhere from an extra hour to an extra 6 hours to do other activities in my life. I think of all the great restaurants I could go to , all the new accessories I could get like some new shades , I would be ready and out the door in 30 seconds I bet, oh and of course I would need to buy new hats and fedoras to both look fashionably cool and protect my newly exposed scalp from the sun! I'd also become a new personality, I would be the long-hair friendly stylist who is ironically bald himself!

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: Hypothetically how different would your life be if you were bald?

Well, I'd save a ton of money because I'm a product junkie, but I'd have to buy extra sunscreen to protect my head! And I'd have lots of room in my bathroom because I wouldn't need any of my hair toys.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

This is quite fun to think about. Well, my showers would take about 5 minutes, because I wouldn't need any conditioners or deep conditioners. I would be ready in 10 minutes, not having to worry about my hair and what to do with it. I would feel uglier, but still I would not be so obsessed with my hair (like I am now )
    And...I could wear new, cool wigs everyday!

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

I'd have more money and time. I'd forget where the mirror was. In fact, I might ban those from the house altogether if I were bald. I'd buy turbans in rainbow colors. God forbid, I might even get into hats. My head feels lumpy, I'm pretty sure bald would be a really idea for me.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/APL/trmnl
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Um... oh my goodness the money I spend on hair! I can't even think about it.

Length
    27/27.5/33
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

life would be so easy, hahaha ;D

Length
    8in/bsl/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I would totally get some crazy tattoo on my head No seriously... I'd probaly spend more money on clothes and stuff too.
    Trimming Convert~ Waiting to have Classic length,raven tresses....

Length
    2in/43/42!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

...I'd need more sunscreen...

I don't spend much time or money on hair. (knocks on wood)

Okay, um, I really would get a tattoo on my head. This has always been my backup plan on the slim chance I go bald someday. I'm tattooed all over my body, & while I don't want a face tattoo, really, I think a scalp tattoo would be awesome to have. All this nice new skin-space...I can't even think too hard about what type of tattoo I would get, or I become tempted to shave all my hair off.

I think I would be sad, though. I'm very vain about my hair, & I would miss it. I do spend a lot of time on my hair, but I enjoy it. I feel like I'd probably find some other grooming ritual to spend a lot of time on if I lost my hair. I'd start getting really obsessed with nail care or something...

I don't spend all that much time on my hair, though, compared to a lot of people here. Or even compared to a lot of my friends who use straighteners, hairdryers, products, &c. I also can't afford fancy hair products, & just use oils & conditioners & stuff that I can pick up for a couple bucks. Henna probably costs the most out of the hair stuff I buy, & even that is cheaper than if I used regular dyes.

To the OP, your hair is incredible...definitely worth the effort. It'd be a shame if you were bald.

I'd look freaking terrible bald. Hated my hair short when I had to go really short for NJROTC, can only imagine no hair. Though I'm sure it would be more comfortable.