Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think I was a difficult customer today

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Cool I think I was a difficult customer today

I was to the hairdresser for a trim today. Usually I do microtrims on myself, but I decided to go to a professional today - it was about a year since I have done that. It wouldn't surprise me if I am much discussed in their lunch break today.
    During the washing, the hairdresser asked if I used color in my hair, and I told her that I use henna - she had evidently noticed my very fiery not-yet-oxidized roots, and was a bit curious about where I bought it.
    When the washing was finished, the troubles began. The hairdresser brought out a brush, and started detangling from the top - I immediately told her to stop, dived into my handbag for my favorite detangler, which I had brought along, just in case it was needed - and asked her to use that, and to detangle properly, starting at the bottom and working her way upwards. She said the brush was a special brush for long hair (to me it looked like a quite ordinary paddle brush, with plastic spines with little knobs at the ends ) and did not seem to think it was possible to detangle hair with a comb , but she said I could detangle with my comb myself - so I did.
    The cutting went fine - the hairdresser had suggested taking off about 5 cm, I asked for 2 cm, and got 3 cm, which was about what I had intended in the first place.
    Then it was time to dry my hair. I told the hairdresser that since heat and henna is not a good combination, she should not use any heat on my hair. So the blowfryer was used with the heat turned completely off.
    I detangled myself again after my hair was dry, and then put my hair up into a nice rose bun - I sort of hope the stylists were watching, so they could see just how fast and easy it is to get hair up into a pretty updo.

Stylists - you just gotta know how to manage them!
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I love chickens.  vanity_acefake's Avatar
    Length
    13/33/Termi
    Type
    1a/F/M/iii

Default Re: I think I was a difficult customer today

Good for you.
    I hope some lessons were learned today by the salon stylists.
    Growing old DISgracefully!

Length
    ??/??/term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Your description didn't sound at all like a difficult customer to me. Or perhaps the stylist I patronized for many years back home was a very tolerant woman.
    In any case, I have never understood why anyone would try to de-tangle hair, starting from the top. Have they never encountered a snarl of power cords, ropes, or threads?

Length
    SL/APL/waist

Good. lol You pay them to provide a service and they should do their best to fulfill your wishes. Too many stylists like to push their opinions on costumers, which is not their job.

Good job! I don't think you were at all difficult and you walked out with exactly what you wanted, can't be any happier than that.

Post Re: I think I was a difficult customer today

Good for you I`m so glad you took charge and told the hairdresser how you wanted her to treat your long hair Nice trick, to ask for a 2 cm cut when 3 cm was what you wanted
    Last edited by CastaDiva; June 24th, 2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Corrected someting

Length
    S/BSL/Hips
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Great story
    grow hair grow!

follow my blog here

Royal Buness/Jedi Master Hypnotica's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Calf/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Were is the problem with henna and heat??
    Emerald Green Henna Dragon, Guardian of ALL THINGS GREEN.

Length
    chin/mbl/whip
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

If how about you wash you hair at home, gone to the hairdresser to trim the ends and go home to style your hair? Basically the same thing cause you done everything else and it would have cost you less. My neighbour is a hair dresser and that's what I used to do by her before I started doing micro-trims myself. Also I didn't like the products used on my hair. So its a win-win.

Account Closed by Member Request

WOW good for you, I wish I was that brave. I had a trim two days ago and the experience was not as good as yours. I think my hairdresser hates my hair. She took a brush out after trying to rip through my hair with a comb. I was mortified but I just went with it because I already feel like I am a *beep* in the *beep* when I see her... First I don't want them to wash my hair which makes everyone look at me like I am crazy. Since I have a sensitive head, super tangly hair and use CV shampoo bars it is just too much of a hassle for me to have someone wash my hair. So I basically wash my hair before I leave the house and arrive with wet hair at the salon. This is when I start getting looks from the stylists. Second, I was the only one at the salon who had their natural color which made me feel even more like an alien life form. Third, I was the only one with longer hair there. And fourth I never want a blow dry. So when she started brushing my wet tangly hair I just started thinking how I really hate going to the salon and I sooo need to learn how to cut my own hair. I wanted to tell her to stop but I just couldn't....ugh

Wouldn't it be great if we had an LHC approved stylist regional listing?
    Last edited by CarpeDM; June 24th, 2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: sp