Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I think I was a difficult customer today

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: I think I was a difficult customer today

In my case I was polite, but was told in a very firm voice this is how we do it here.I tried to discuss what I needed but got nowhere.So after that last experience and previous bad hair cuts where I was very specific on my needs and still got a very disappointing result,I won't go back to a salon till I find one that is long hair friendly and knowledgeable on long curly hair.

Length
    ~20"/29"/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I wish I was capable of being firm and telling people I don't know what to do. I'm kind of shy and hate bossing people around because I always feel like I'm being rude even if it's totally my right to tell them what to do.

The last time I got a haircut was last October-ish. I had it done a beauty school so if it got screwed up at least I wasn't paying someone upwards of $30 to mess up my hair. They guy who did it did insist on shampooing me, and did say some rude things about my henna and how it was the reason I had so many split ends. He did detangle with a comb though and only blow dried my hair about half way with a diffuser on low heat. He took off probably about 6-8 inches (way more than I wanted), but the ends were damaged enough that I didn't really mind too much. I was going to take off about that much, but had planned on doing it in maybe three smaller trims, letting it grow out in between.

At first he seemed confused that I didn't want a "style" or something I would have to straighten/curl/blowdry every day, but he got over it pretty quick. He was capable of listening to me for the most part and didn't heat style me before I left like a lot of places do, so I wasn't completely dissatisfied.

If anyone has a suggestion for a long hair friendly salon in Bellingham, WA I would be super grateful so I don't have to keep taking my chances at the beauty school.

bear of vry little brains x0h_bother's Avatar
    Length
    SL 07/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

They say 5cm, you say 2cm and get 3cm. THAT's negotiation for ya, that's how it's done folks!
    growwwwww..

if I tug on my hair, will it grow faster?

Length
    18/37/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Good for you! Some of the worst hair stylist horror stories contain some version of the line "and the next thing I knew" and I always wonder "did you go to sleep or what?"
    Yep - guilty. I always figured, "Well, they're trained professionals, so they know what's best." Plus, I was shy about speaking up. I'm glad LHC has educated me and made me examine my role in just why it took me three years to get my hair to the point where I could grow it out.

Collarbone --> Hip --> ??

Account Closed by Member Request

Thanks for the inspiration Alvrodul!

Agh! A hairstylist (who was balding, so that might explain why) started detangling from the top of my hair at BSL too. It was awful T_T.

You did the right thing!

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    Thanks for the inspiration Alvrodul!
    I really did hope this story would help others to take charge as well - setting limits and ensuring that they get good results whan visiting the hairdresser!
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights