Thread: Getting my WL hair trimmed and dyed at the salon and feeling anxious!

Length
    12/33 WL/TB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Exclamation Getting my WL hair trimmed and dyed at the salon and feeling anxious!

Hey guys,

Those of you who have gotten acquainted with me know how much I have dyed my hair. The problem with box hair dye in any color for me is that the result is not even. Some parts are dark, some are light in illogical places. Though it doesn't show up in pictures the unevenness is there. Even a friend commented on the strange shading.

Anyway, I'm done dyeing it myself and decided to go to a professional salon to get it right once and for all. I had a consultation today and I told them I wanted to get back to my natural hair color (for as much as that can be done), which is a dark ash blonde. And get a trim while I'm at it. They specialize in hair dyeing and the woman who is going to do it happens to love long hair so she assured me she isn't going to cut off too much. I really hope that after this is done I can finally let the roots grow and make some good progress without dyeing my hair!

Still, I haven't been to a salon in 3 years so I'm feeling a bit anxious about the whole thing.

Anyone else get their hair done at a salon?

P.s. I will post pictures after I get it done on monday 27th.

Length
    chin/apl+/elbow
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Getting my WL hair trimmed and dyed at the salon and feeling anxious!

I used to get my hair dyed at a salon. I always left with UNBELIEVEABLE hair, it was so soft and flowy.but the amount of products they splashed on...ugh. Still, can't complain!

You're fortunate to have a found a hairdresser who values long hair ^_^. I've only ever seen a couple of hairdressers who look like they treat their hair well.
    shoulder - apl - bsl - WAIST - elbow
    Calaelen rocks my socks

Length
    17/47/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Getting my WL hair trimmed and dyed at the salon and feeling anxious!

I get mine done at a salon, although not often. I never got mine coloured (my hair is currently my natural colour, but I want to henna, and my salon doesn't do it), but all the stylists at the salon, especially my usual stylist, are very good at only cutting off what I want, and only use the old setting on the hairdryer if I ask them to. When I have my usual stylist, I often have a trainee stylist watching and helping where necessary, because it's a chance for them to learn how to work with such large amounts of hair. It's only ever my usual stylist, Kimberly, who ever takes the scissors to the ends though. She is quite adamant that I shouldn't cut my hair short, as she loves working with my hair, because she knows I take care of it. She also thinks that if I were to cut my hair short, it wouldn't work with my face shape and I would just get annoyed at myself for cutting it. I agree with her there, so we get on well.
    I'm still sometimes nervous going to the hairdressers, but i'm usually fine if I know i'm getting my normal stylist. If I get someone I don't know, though, I can get really anxious and end up watching what they're doing really closely.
    I got mine done on monday (normal stylist), and it went really well. I went in with hip-length braidwaves from days of being in braids, and came out with my natural straight hair about half-way between waist and hip. I love it, and it looks healthy again, but even an inch and a half feels like a lot when you have a goal like classic
    Lady Tigereye, Keeper of the Striped Shadows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I hope your appointment goes well! (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

I love chickens.  vanity_acefake's Avatar
    Length
    13/33/Termi
    Type
    1a/F/M/iii

Good luck with your appointment.
    Looking forward to seeing the results.
    Growing old DISgracefully!

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

I've had my hair dyed at the salon only twice and I enjoyed it and came away with lovely hair that felt great without a load of product heaped on. I love going to the hairdressers and relaxing while getting my hair done, I find it a positive experience with my stylist who I trust.

I think you should stop feeling anxious and look forward to it, you've talked to your stylist and to some degree you must trust her othereise you will have cancelled the appointment. You could enjoy it
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - Tailbone
    - No Heat - Veggie Dyes - No Cuts -

Length
    13 in/38.5/42
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I always have my hair done at the salon and always walk away happy. Relax, if you trust her it should come out ok.

Length
    12/33 WL/TB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Thanks for the support everyone! You know it's stupid, I'm one of those girls who has no problem walking through a dark alley at night but when it comes to my hair I'm a total sissy!

try to relax and enjoy the pampering. I am really looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

My hairdresser has actually sat me down and told me I dye my hair too much, and she could not in good conscience keep doing things to it if I was going to keep it up! Luckily I was tired of bleaching and so we settled on a demi color to take me back to a golden brown (I have naturally black hair). It's been growing out beautifully so I don't need to go as often (and it's much less expensive!) I do a trim with her every few months, and she never takes off more than I want. She knows my goal is long hair, and I actually picked her because a friend of mine has gorgeous long hair- I asked who her stylist was, and then went and made an appointment. Never a better indicator, right?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.