Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!A knotted mess

Length
    mbl/waist/tbl
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Unhappy Help!A knotted mess

On Friday I had a party and I had my hair curled and my sister put too much hairspray.My hair was pretty,I went to the party,came back and fell asleep.The next morning I woke up with dreadlocks!I still have the dreadlocks and I don't know what to do.I have put EVO on my hair.

Length
    MBL/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Default Re: Help!A knotted mess

Oh no!
    Have you tried soaking it in coney conditioner? If not, try that and then detangle with fingers or a wide-tooth comb while it is still soaked in conditioner. Start from the ends and then work your way up.
    Good luck! And don't freak out.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Use your most slippery conditioner as a detangling aid, and very slowly and gently (starting from the ends and working up), work the tangles apart with your fingers. Only use as much force as you absolutely have to. It could take a while; I'd recommend putting a movie on first. Good luck!

Length
    mbl/waist/tbl
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Thank you ladies

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

A trick that I use in these kind of locksy situations: put my hair in a side braid, then start to open the braid little by little and detangle the hair while doing it, usually with conditioner or oil in my fingers. I have a hard time doing the detangling from the bottom if I dont do this.
    But, this is phase two, phase one is basically ripping the locks smaller... :/

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Definitely slather conditioner on dry hair! I had that happen once on the night of my wedding. I was too tired to do anything and just crashed in the hotel. My stylist told me to leave some conditioner on before I try to shampoo it. Do give it a try and let it sit for a bit (maybe about 20minutes). Then detangle in the shower from the bottom up with your finger while your hair is wet. It does make a whole world of difference. Good luck

Length
    12/39/48
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I deal with knotted matted hair pretty often...(braids to this to me every time, and so does sleeping in them.)
    I found that, I always do this, you can pull the individual hairs through the top of the knot. Usually there will be one main hair(sometimes 2 or 3) holding the whole knot together. If you gently pull the individual strands through the top of the knot it'll usually untangle one entire knot. Make sure NOT to pull the knots, as this can cause it to tighten or rip. Definitely go for the coney conditioner, and brush from the very bottom up when you get enough hairs untangled and loosened up. Don't even touch the hairbrush if you are struggling with a lot of mats or knots. It took me about 45 minutes last night to untangle my hair after spending some time with my hubby. I was wearing a braid -_-
    Last edited by IndigoAsh; June 19th, 2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: crappy spelling

Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Oh no! :O
    Well, I have messed up in the same way one time... I (and mommy, otherwise I would still be stock in that mess...!) took some spray conditioner. Start from the very ends of your hair and work upwards. Good luck and as someone else said: Don't freak out!!!

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Take very coney conditioner (e.g. Pantene) and slather it on, then slowly work the tangles out with your fingers or a wide-toothed comb. Counterintuitively, it is best if you work on dry hair. It will take ages but it will work. If you get tired, your hands start hurting or your get frustrated, just stop, chill out, do something else for a bit and then come back to it - you need patience, it's not something to be done when frustrated or angry!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Until you can clarify the hair spray out, you may want to try this now. It reportedly works very very well.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Spr...69#Ingredients
    "Water, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sodium Benzoate, Hydroxyehtyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Trisiloxane, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-10, Laureth-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone."

Reviews
    http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/1102...ws/reviews.htm
    Last edited by ktani; June 19th, 2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added quotation marks