Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asians and red/light brown hair?

Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Asians and red/light brown hair?

Quote Originally Posted by rosycoco View Post
    I love natural Asian hair! As someone with curly auburn hair, I guess we all covet what we don't have! My aunt is Japanese and when I first met her I fell in love with her hair, she had this long curtain of shiny black hair. It gleamed. It has since been dyed light brown, and while it looks nice, it doesn't have the same wow factor.
    I myself think that everyone looks best when they stick more or less to what they are born with and not drastically change their natural colouring, but at the same time I understand some people enjoy it and it can look quite funky. It is just down to personal preference.
    I completely agree with coveting what we don't have! I loooove curly auburn hair!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I personally loveeeee and adore the reddish/brownish on asian peoples I think it's so cute and different. The black is so pretty and nice too but for some reason I just find the reds on asians really special, I think the two mix very well.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Type
    1c/M/ii

vanillabones (I love that s/n by the way!), I know what you mean about the reddish/brown hair on Asians. There's something very soft and gentle about it that I like.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Thanks
    Yes I think that's it... and I love pale skin and I think reds really work best on very pale people which asian skin tends to be so it all just turns out so lovely.

I'm very pale and I wish I could pull it off but I'm too much of a 'Summer' toned girl and it would look just awful on me, I can only do ashy tones

ETA: Oh! Another thing I think I really like about it is the contrast with brown eyes. I think it's beautiful.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Type
    1c/M/ii

Yes, I get very pale during winter time and sometimes I feel like the black hair can be a bit harsh against how pale my skin gets. Red looks great with pale skin.

You should try on a red wig or something. Maybe you'll love it!

Length
    Chin/25/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Asians' only natural hair colors seem to be black and dark brown. It'd be pretty mean to say they couldn't have anything other than that! Asian women are gorgeous, and with any color hair. Red/titian is so pretty on them. But so is black. They can pull off anything!

Lady Samhain of the Pumpkin Hollow in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    27/42/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

My preference for hair in general is less processed, so I prefer the darker tones.

I've always thought the contrast between winter-pale skin and dark hair was striking, personally. But I suppose that's the typical wishing for something you don't have - I'm super pale with chestnut hair (which has shaded from sandy blonde to darker from the time I can remember having an opinion about my hair to now). My half-philippina cousins have skin almost as fair as mine but dark brown or black hair, and they are SO lovely!

In the end, though, you're the one who lives with it, so you should do what will make you happiest.

~Blaze

Length
    18/26/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I think the lighter colors can definitely suit Asian complexions; I like the tea-hair look. It was really popular when I went to college. If you'd like something different but don't want to have processed hair, you could try some clip-in extensions.

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I think reds and browns look fine on Asian hair, and they can look very pretty! I love the third photo. But I definitely prefer black. And since you live in Texas (instead of an Asian country), you'll still stand out quite a bit, maybe even more, for having smooth black hair! I'm the sort of person who thinks that almost everyone looks best with their natural color, though. (There are exceptions, though... but not many. )

Length
    ~APL/33/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I think the reddish/light brown hair is really pretty, but I LOVE the natural jet-black, shiny hair! Like other posters said, it's so different from what my hair looks like, I think it is so gorgeous and exotic-looking. I have light brown, slightly wavy hair and it just doesn't get that glossy shine that Asian hair has.

Goal is a couple of inches longer with thicker ends and longer layers!