Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Asians and red/light brown hair?

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Asians and red/light brown hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    naw, those contacts have been around for ages, years before gaga did that video.
    This basically, circle lenses have been around for years in Asia and if you use them correctly (clean them, throw them away after their expiration date etc.) they're perfectly safe. I remember some American news show being all 'it's not FDA approved so it's evil' but the general consensus was that if you're smart in handling them, it's just as dangerous as normal contact lenses.

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

The circle lenses allow less oxygen to the eye, often contain less water, sometimes the color on them is irritating. Doctors have recommended things like not leaving them in longer than 3 hours at a time. When you google it you have to dig around to find out that fake circle lenses are also being sold and they are inferior products to the major brands. Another issue is proper fit. It would seem easy enough to get a contact prescription with your eye measurements though. They are not that different from other contacts but they are different. Most regular contacts are thinner, contain more water, breath better, can be worn longer.

Length
    3 in/24 in/35 in
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatland View Post
    So you do know how to use your words? Bravo.

Edit: Perhaps others are right, and I'm not understanding what you meant. Were you rolling your eyes because I said I receive compliments or because you think it's ridiculous that one race would want to look like another. If the later is the case then I agree.

It's the later

Length
    16.5/22/26
    Type
    3a/F/ii/iii

Just like any race of woman you have to pick something that is going to work with YOU specifically. Not everyone is going to be able to pull off any color. I think there are a lot of Asian women that pull of different colors. One of my favorite celebrities in Japan Yoshizawa Hitomi pulls off blonde very well. I look great as a red-head, but look way to goth with black hair. Equally (I'm not saying they CAN'T) if someone who is African-American tried to pull off a natural Irish red it might not look right. Then again, I love the way Rihanna does red hair. You just have to figure out what works for YOU

or the super famous Ayumi Hamasaki

Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Seanymph View Post
    It's the later

Oh ok, I'm sorry!

Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I like healthy looking hair. I lived in china and know chinese have great, strong hair and they can do a lot (coloring, perms) almost without damage.
    I think once you care for your hair and the color suits you, doesn't mather if looks natural or not. I like to see pink hair, for example, and this is not a natural color for sure.
    I saw wonderful looking chinese ladies with blond and red hair, but I still think the dark, natural hair is sooo beautiful...But is just me... I have light hair and we always like what we don't have...

I love the look of light golden brown on Asian skin tones.