Thread: New Hair

Length
    0 ''/26.5"/.....

Default New Hair

Last week I developed a rash on my head, itchy itchy itchy... Doc said it was something like cradle cap. I've had to not wear any wigs and slather the scalp with Caladryl for a week. I am hoping she will give me the go ahead to wear my wigs again. I'd like to look half way normal again!

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: New Hair

Sorry that you have been having itchy problems. I hope it resolves quickly. Would a dilution of ACV help?

Length
    0 ''/26.5"/.....

Quote Originally Posted by SpinDance View Post
    Sorry that you have been having itchy problems. I hope it resolves quickly. Would a dilution of ACV help?

What is ACV?
    The Doc told me to start wearing the wig again and see if the rash comes back, I may be allergic to it. I put it on about an hour ago and my eyes are itching and the hair isn't near my eyes.

Length
    18"/BSL/term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I know when I was little and my cousins as well, when we had craddle cap, our mother's used to slather our heads in mayonnaise. (Not Miracle Whip) good ole full fatty mayo.
    Leave it on for a little while and then wash off. worked wonders!

hope it clears up soon!
    Sail Away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roaring waves Captain Adiranna Brightwing of the Flame-Sailed Ship in the Order of the long Haired Knights

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Sorry, merseaone, I should have spelled it out. ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar. I've had some poison ivy the last few days and used a little of the vinegar mixed in water as a wash to remove any additional oil and to soothe the itch. Once in a while I'll use a very dilute amount as a rinse in my hair, too.

I'm sure you look just beautiful without your wigs, but I hope you can return to wearing them comfortably soon!

Length
    2/3/20
    Type
    4b/C/iii

i just used some acv for my itchy scalp 3 cups warm water to 1 tblspn of acv and covered with a plastic cap for 20 mins and rinsed and it helped, just my suggestion to you

Length
    8.5"/19"/42"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've heard Coconut Oil can be good for cradle cap and itchy scalps. Hope that helps!

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

What kind of wig do you have? A monofilament top is far more soft and comfortable on a bald head, maybe look in to getting one of those. Also maybe a wig cap over your head to protect it from the scratchy interior might help, you can get silk or nylon caps from any wig store or online. Give your head a break and try some cotton or silk scarves in between wearing the wig.

Just stay away from http://www.wigsalon.com/index.htm I had a nightmare dealing with them and they ripped me off majorly in the end.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!