Thread: Calling anyone who's ever worked around fryers!

Length
    Pixie/APL/Idk.
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Calling anyone who's ever worked around fryers!

Okay, I know there must be some people who spend their work day in a fast-food/deli environment like myself, who have to use industrial fryers. I need your help! Is there a short term, between-washes solution for freshening up burned-smelling, grease-exposed hair? As you know, those huge fryers belch out grease and it sticks on your clothes, skin and hair, and SMELLS at the end of the day. I don't want to keep washing my hair over-frequently, but I'm also not interested in spending all my time smelling like a piece of fried chicken. Any odor-removal tips? Also, when protecting hair from fryer damage, is it wise to wear a hat all day? I already have to wear a hairnet, but the hat is more or less optional. Should I wear that too, or will having it covered all day make it suffer more?

Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Calling anyone who's ever worked around fryers!

I'd cover it up, or I'd go mad from the smell

I run a dairyfarm, and I use a buff and a baseball cap every day to cover up.

My friend's most impressive fourth ever braid on real hair a week after first learning, february-23.

Length
    13"/waist/long
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I wear the hat and keep it bunned up. I think the more limited the exposure is the better off you'll be. I work with the friers, but I also wash every other day so I don't have too long to wait.
    Lady Morelia, Caretaker of the Unknown Beasts in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    S/BSL/Hips
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Maybe co-wash? In the 2 years I worked at McDonalds I never found a solution . It also gave me incredibly greasy hair and needed washing every day.
    grow hair grow!

follow my blog here

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Where I worked, the greasiness was mostly from dishes. I don't know about your hair, but my skin loooved a honey and sugar rinse after. I'd take a honey packet and a sugar packet, mix them in my hands, and rub it in, and then rinse it off. The sugar is exfoliating, the honey moisturizing and antibacterial. It left my skin grease free but not parched.