Thread: Thickness question

Default Thickness question

I measured the circumference of my pony last night, and found it was 4.5 inches thick. I tightly wrapped the measuring tape around sqooshed my hair down completely. It'd be like 6 inches or something ridiculous if I didnt.

when I slide the tape measure down the pony, My hair measures thinner and thinner until the very ends, just over 1 inch in thickness.

So am I an i,ii, or iii?

based on appearances I would say ii, just cuz some of you iii's have have hair that is thick root to tip... but what is the official LHC ruling on this?

Thanks!

Default Re: Thickness question

My hair is an inch from waist, if that helps.

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

You are a solid iii. Most people have some taper from root to tip. If you were closer to 4" with a LOT of taper I'd consider calling you a ii/iii, but as it is with 4.5" of circ you're definitely 3, taper or not!

I think 1" of thickness at the ends is completely okay for hair that's nearly waist. If you were to maintain at your current length for awhile, while caring for your hair a lot, you'd probably find that number would increase too.

I call myself a i/ii mostly because I have a lot of taper... but then again, my roots are currently at the lower end of ii as it is... so my ends most definitely are thin (due to lots of hair loss a year ago). So, yeah, I do understand where you are coming from. Technically I should call myself a ii, but if you were to see my hair in a braid, you'd know why I use the i/ii as a description!
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Thanks I apprieciate your help!

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Seconding Mesmerise. Your thickness is, strictly speaking, measured at the base of your ponytail. Otherwise those of us with layers or a V hemline would have to downgrade our thickness just because of our hairstyle, and that doesn't seem right. Also, everyone, even those with blunt ends, has at least a little bit of taper. I'm a ii/iii because my hair is right around 4" circumference at the base.

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I have extremely thick hair and it is heavily layered. So my taper is deliberate and if I was to measure at the longest part of my lengths, I would not be an iii anymore.

A 4.5" circ is nice and thick, taper or not. Enjoy it !! And........put up some pics so we can see it too

I must be a total idiot, because I have layered hair... for some reason I didnt think this affected circumference... LOL. I will post pics as soon as the forum will let me!

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Whether you have straight, wavy or curly hair is important too. Waves and curls creat a lot of volume, I've seen crazy 12 inch curly ponies. I measure mine while wet, that's when the hair is straight.
    Lady Alvarie of the Enchanted Comb in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

You're definitely a solid iii. They'll always be some taper, even with a blunt cut with no layers, where hairs have shed and are slowly growing back in.