Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best ways to fade dark brown hair dye?

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Best ways to fade dark brown hair dye?

I'm also on a hairdye forum as well as here, and I wrote an article on fading hair dye with other members adding thier own tips and tricks. It may interest you. Also, Colour B4 from the UK contains no bleach like other colour removers which just strip hair to remove colour which often leaves hair bleached orange. Colour B4 doesn't do this, it just removes the dye molecules and doesn't damage hair. It's only downsides are that it is drying and it smells awful.

http://www.hairdyeforum.com/index.php?topic=1704.0
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - Tailbone
    - No Heat - Veggie Dyes - No Cuts -

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Adding a vote for Colorfix/Color Oops/Color B4. If you skip the developer step (I believe it's typically the third step of the treatment), you should be able to do it without damage. Or so I've been told, anyway.

Bicarb is nasty on hair. Might work, but you'll want to condition the heck out of it afterward.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydays View Post
    Dont really want to use a colour remover as its quite damaged at the moment, and when I have had hair stripped many years ago about 7 years ago, it went orange
    the colour removers mentioned are not damaging and contain no bleach they work by shrinking the dye molecules in the hair hair shaft and leaving your hair at either its natural colour but if you have had highlights under the dye it will remove dye and leave highlights. nothing at all like hair dressers stripper which involves bleach and is very damaging. My daughter used the colour B4 to remove black permanent dye and it worked a treat, a little dry but nothing a good conditioner fixed

You are more likely to get dry, straw like hair from the bicarbonate!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    16/16/.....

hmmm I am wondering whether to keep using a clarifying shampoo for the next few months. When you fade dark brown hair dye will it go a horrible brown colour? As I noticed mine this morning has actually faded quite abit, and I have my old highlights underneath coming through which i dont mind as gives my hair multi-dimensional diff tones look which i quite like

Length
    16/16/.....

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    You are more likely to get dry, straw like hair from the bicarbonate!
    Yes deff will not be trying that again any time soon