Thread: Zee Intro Post :)

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Zee Intro Post :)

I suppose I'd just like to start by saying hello!

I've been a long-time, long hair enthusiast. I've had hair at the middle of my back or longer my entire life, except for 2 occasions and the following time it takes to grow. When I was about 10 my mother had it chopped off up to my ears because I wasn't taking care of it like I should have (the keeping it brushed and all) and when I was about 18 and starting college I had it down to my rump (and granted I wasn't the type to keep it trimmed etc), but I decided to cut it up to my collar bones. I thought it looked great...until one of my class mates told me she missed it because she said it always reminded her of the medieval ages (my favorite time period). I literally went back to my dorm and got teary-eyed. I never thought I would be sentimental over my hair quite like that, but I was definitely heartbroken afterwords.

I've been trying to get the length back ever since, even though I've been abusing it with chemicals all this time without the proper trimming and up keep so it keeps growing, but not really making much progress. The length I put into my profile is purely guess though it's about mid back length, however many inches that happens to be.

And that's why I've ended up here. There is so much beautiful hair on this forum, it's dizzying. I. Am. Jealous. My two objectives are 1) to obtain the longest length I can possibly get through keeping my hair healthy and happy. 2) My most favorite color in the entire world is red. Why not keep my hair that color? It's why I've been burning and abusing it with chemicals for the past 5 years. The flat, dark, blonde-brown 'thing' that it naturally is, is not very breathtaking (to me)...which leads me to henna. Once I found out that you can use unadulterated henna on processed hair, it made my day. I started doing a lot of reading and it ultimately brought me here.

I'm sad that you can't look at pictures on the forum without a certain number of posts. Picture surfing is at the top of my list right now. Picking the right henna and formula (particularly which of the hennas) has been giving me some difficulty. My ideal color is like that of a sorrel quarter horse. A beautiful, rich red that gleams golden in the sun.

I tend to be more of a surfer than a poster. I mean, I don't have much advice for anyone right now either and I tend to write books on forums, if you didn't notice.

Ahywho, I hope that gives you an idea of what I'm aiming for and what my goals are for the future. If anyone has words of encouragement or advice, feel free to throw them at me!

Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Re: Zee Intro Post :)

Welcome to LHC!
    Pyerre Mehendi Mage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    My name is Indigo Montoya. You terped my henna. Prepare to dye!
    Pic by Renarok

Length
    46"/50"/Term.
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Welcome, Vermilion! Glad you've decided to join us!

There are plenty of ways to contribute, even if you're not comfortable giving advice. A good place to start might be the Hair Polls and Projects board. Give it a try and feel free to vote or comment on topics that pique your interest!

Take some time to settle in... read some articles, start saving up for strand tests (I've never hennaed, but I hear it's a good idea ), and you'll have enough posts for the next level before you know it.

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Welcome fellow redhead! I recommend lots of surfing, check out the Articles and Reviews sections (clicky at the top of the page), the 'Mane Forum' and 'Recipes, Henna & Herbal Haircare' board. You will be surprised how quickly you have something to contribute hair-wise - even if that is warning others from making the same mistakes - after all you have had long hair for many years. The not being able to look at photos thing is frustrating but apparently it's to keep the creeps and f*tish*sts away; to be fair it really works.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    17/45"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Welcome to the forums!

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I will definitely be checking out the suggestions you've made. I've done some extensive reading on the henna for hair forum. I can't begin to describe how excited I am to make the switch from chemical to henna. I'm even more excited about the improvement it may make to my hair.

I'm quite happy that I've found this site. People without long hair tend to not understand the insanity.