Thread: Does Anyone Have Experience with Dry Shampoo?

Length
    10 in/10 in/33 in
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Does Anyone Have Experience with Dry Shampoo?

Ive been looking at dry shampoo to wash only the top of my hair. Is it gentle when it cleanses? Here is the brand I am considering.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...ck-to-top-link

Does anyone else use dry shampoo?
    ~chin~neck~shoulder length~collar bone length~ APL~ BSB~BSL~MBL~WL
    "And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God." — Les Miserables

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Does Anyone Have Experience with Dry Shampoo?

Yeah, I sometimes use it. Not that brand, though. I find it works very well to stretch another day between washes, or when you walk out, haven't washed your hair and then are embarrassed by the greasies. I doubt it really cleans your hair; it's usually something starchy that will hold onto the greasies and make them look (and feel) less greasy, but doesn't actually clean. (correct me if I'm wrong, peeps!) As an added bonus, it gives my hair a lift, because of the added starch, and my hair gets awesomely un-slippery and whoomp-y But I HAVE to wash the day after I used it because it... feels blegh, after a day. For me.

When I'm out of dry shampoo, I use corn starch on my hair. Works almost (not quite) as well.

I don't know if it's damaging; I suppose it is, because of the extra friction the starch adds to your hair? I tend not to know too much about those things but as far as experiences go: I like dry shampoo.

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

...*sigh* was it the kiwi's I ate? The sad mojo from my broken bridge I'm currently working at? Gosts of all the ants I accidently stepped on in the garden? Or Gremlins. WHYYYYY do my posts show up twice....
    Last edited by Majorane; July 18th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorane View Post
    Yeah, I sometimes use it

When I'm out of dry shampoo, I use corn starch on my hair. Works almost (not quite) as well.

I only use it when really busy and need to get an extra day , I've tried lots of different brands . I like the Lush no drought and The Brunette version of Batiste stops that kind of stops the white hallo look- you get if you don't get it ALL brushed out .

However cornstarch / talc mix works nearly as well . ( thats the ONLY ingredients listed on the bottle of Batiste NUDE.)

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

It doesn't really clean so much as it absorbs the excess sebum and keeps your hair from looking as dirty as it is. I really like the Batiste brand, but it's a bit pricey. The Not Your Mother's brand works pretty okay, as well as the Pssst! brand. If you don' t like the chemicals/alcohol drying out your hair, you can try making your own recipe -- there's a few floating around here and online.

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I use Batiste: I don't massage in or brush through, but rather wipe off the excess with a soft microfibre towel. In theory the alcohol propellant could damage the root area if the hair got wet by it, but water is known to be damaging so I see it as a lesser evil.

IMO it does cleanse when used the way I do, my roots look and feel clean and glossy. The sebum is lifted away on the towel along with a little of my dye if recently done.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Arrowroot and cocoa powder for me. There are a few threads on this knocking around at the moment.

ETA: Lots of threads here
    Maintaining at tailbone - Henna head - Recently reunited with cones - Forever destashing - Kitten enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Cania View Post
    Arrowroot and cocoa powder for me. There are a few threads on this knocking around at the moment.

ETA: Lots of threads here
    I've never heard of anyone using coco powder before , makes sense really . I will have to go that a try , Thanks !