Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair dye without damage (not natural either)

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Hair dye without damage (not natural either)

Add Special Effects under the bright colors. Also Paul Mitchell InkWorks under the brights too and Framesi FramColor Passion comes in a few natural shades. It is mixed with the Milky Mask "Developer" but is not a peroxide based dye. Goldwell also has a temporary color foam mousse that lasts much less than the Elumen.

Great list!
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I don't color anymore, but when I did, I was a HUGE fan of Robert Craig. No damage or brassiness, and NO SMELL or mess when applying. Highly recommended!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Thanks for your experience Unofficial Rose

Thanks kwaniesiam, I actually forgot about the mousse colours! There is Goldwell, Schwarzkopf and lots of others.

turtlelover: Robert Craig is a bit controversial as to whether it's non damaging as you have to mix it with water. There are other colours like this (such as Atlantis water colours) and I have read that they release a small amount of peroxide when water is added. The list I have is only about the hair colours that you don't mix with anything at all.

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

For truly temporary colors, there are also those Fanciful rinses. They're only supposed to last til the next wash.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

What a great thread! Thanks for posting it
    hoping for BSL by september!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Thanks Anje, that's still a semi colour, so I'll include it

You're welcome knoxkatie. I was looking for a long time for somewhere that could list/recommend true semi colours. I could not find anything, so I thought it would be useful to have a list here!

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I like this thread a lot!

I've been using Natural Instincts because it makes my hair feel really nice (I've used a lot of box dyes and Sally's brand dye, and I've never had such soft hair after coloring...and the conditioner is amazing, too) and it doesn't seem to cause much damage. Would you happen to know if it has a low level of peroxide?

I ask 'cause my hair is growing so fast right now that I might have to start coloring every 2 weeks rather than once a month, which is why I've kinda been looking into direct deposit dyes. If I'm going to be coloring that often, I think looking for something that doesn't lift the cuticle at all might be a smarter option than what I use now, but I don't know. I'm really looking into Clariol's "Loving Care" dyes, because it'd be easy to match my shade ^^

~maborosi~
    Last edited by maborosi; June 9th, 2011 at 07:04 PM.

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/TB
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Wonderful thread! I have been looking for a way to avoid damage, grow out my henndigo, and (in the long run) go back to my natural hair, and I so wanted a way to do so without damage and avoiding the worst of the 2-tone look! Some of these dyes (Elumen in particular) look great for this, and I will certainly be reading up on them in more detail! Rini you are a
    Evie
    Lady Evye Guardian of the Natural Order in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Taking a general break from the boards in 2012, but will be working on my blog......

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

maborosi, I'm glad you're getting good results from Natural Instincts. As you know, it's not a true semi (in that it is mixed with a developer and does contain peroxide and/or ammonia in some amounts) which is why I have not included it here. If you are considering dyeing your hair quite often, then I would strongly recommend finding a good semi (ie direct dye). Repeatedly dyeing your hair with any dye that requires a developer (no matter how gentle or nice it makes your hair feel) is doing damage to your hair.

Evie: aww...shucks Have fun researching. There are many good reviews to read out there (makeupalley, amazon, iherb, ciao, behindthechair....)

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Clairol Loving Care-but I don't know if you can get it outside of the States.
    Also, it's been discontinued. I used it years and years ago-it's a semi-permanent non damaging dye. I think the professional counterpart is the Clairol Beautiful collection as you first mentioned. Loving Care you can get for $5.00 in a drugstore.
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural