Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Hair dye without damage (not natural either)

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Hair dye without damage (not natural either)

Thanks earthnut. Manic Panic is listed under the temporary bright colours in the original post

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Length
    ??/calf/ankle
    Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by earthnut View Post
    Do any of these work over DARK hair, or would I have to bleach first to see any color?
    it depends on your definition of "any color". i dyed my hair with manic panic purple haze, and it shines distinctively purple in sunlight, but it's pretty subtle.

Length
    Pixie/Neck/CLSC
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Hi Catia, thanks for the informative reply. I had a nagging feeling that there might have been something in the Ion "semi" that reacted to somehow open up the cuticle and deposit color. The color is incredibly long lasting and I love it! I just feel a little worried about the damage. I think it has gone back to normal with regular conditioning and coconut oil.

Length
    85"/47"/47"
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by riceball View Post
    Hi Catia, thanks for the informative reply. I had a nagging feeling that there might have been something in the Ion "semi" that reacted to somehow open up the cuticle and deposit color. The color is incredibly long lasting and I love it! I just feel a little worried about the damage. I think it has gone back to normal with regular conditioning and coconut oil.
    Oh riceball, I am sorry if my reply was confusing.

I poked around and couldn't find any evidence that your Ion Brights semi was anything other then a standard semi; no peroxide. I'm not savvy on all the ingredients, but the reviews on it bear it out. If anything people complain that it doesn't stick around past the first shampoo. Of course that was not on their brights collection, but sally's website didn't send up any red flags either.

I was more responding to your question "Can semi permanent color be damaging?" to which the answer is "Yes ... depending on what it is."

If you are happy with the Ion I personally wouldn't worry, but that's more or less just my opinion

Length
    13/42/58
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

I came to the forum to research just this type of product. I've been wanting to dye my hair for a while, but didn't want to do permanent color again, so this thread gave me some leads. I'll be checking out Sally's, but I also found out that four stores in my town carry the Adore product, so I have choices. Yay!!!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Buddaphlyy View Post
    Have any of you tried Color Jamz from Sally's? I'm very interested in trying this. Also, do you think temporary colors affect black hair much? I have virgin black hair and would mostly like a rinse/gloss type of color on my hair. Would any of these products work?
    MP Vampire Red will show on your black hair. I am pretty certain!
    ..: Amethyste ~ The Manic Panicked Thereminist :..
    www.soundcloud.com/amethyste

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Just wanted to add that virgin hair with a fair bit of grey (yep, like mine!) is going to be more resistant to direct dyes in general. I recommend using a longer application time and heat to help the colours stick.

LHC member for 17 years and ALWAYS learning!.....♥ Currently growing out silver again

Hello ,

This is a very informative post , Thanks ! I hadn't heard of most of the brands on this list .

Don't know if it counts however Superdrug (uk) have a wash in wash out - Semi Permanent colourant (superdrug effects ) it lasts for around 3 washes and has never damaged my hair ( limited success with white or grey ) .
    Its like a shampoo really - I have used most of the colours , the rich red and warm copper give very noticeable results on my hair.

As I'm older now , I need something more permanent , Does anyone have any experience of using a natural dye to cover only the greys ...or whites, in my case !

I only have a small amount of white coming through ( but I REALLY hate having it ) and I'm hoping to blend the whites to a blonde , My hair is dark but I do have natural golden blonde and copper highlights throughout it , so if the whites are blonde they should blend in

I've tried 4 different cassia recipes, as I really wanted to keep to natural products, however the white doesn't change colour at all

So now I'm thinking of trying - Naturtint Permanent Hair Colourants 8G Sandy Golden Blonde - hopefully it will leave the brown and copper alone and only target the white and blonde in my hair

or back to cassia but this time with henna - really nervous about this

Thanks