Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have hip as goal?

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Anyone else have hip as goal?

I also waffle between waist/hip/beyond as goals. Hip is the longest my hair's ever been, and I enjoyed it but it was also a little "much" for me. I have big hair. OTOH, all the lovely longhairs here make me want to go even longer, so we'll see!

Length
    bsl/chin/tlb
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I have a hip length as my current goal but I feel like once I get there I'll probably change it like Kristin said. If my hair can handle it, why not?

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by christine1989 View Post
    I always assumed hip wasn't a popular length goal because your hair will hit right at the widest part of you (thus drawing the eye to your largest part). Personally, I don't think I could pull it off. If I do decide to go longer than waist I probobly try to surpass hip and go straight to tailbone.
    Maybe this is why I like hip length! I have very narrow hips and hip length makes me look like I have more of an hourglass figure. It also helps elongate my short torso (^(oo)^)
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

My goal is around hip to tailbone length. I'm not sure about my goal yet - I'll just have to see what feels right then when Im getting closer to it! I'll probably wanna grow longer once I get to it!
    Stay strong, grow on!

[Insert something clever] BrightEyes7's Avatar
    Length
    APL/BSL/Done
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    christine1989[/B]]
    I always assumed hip wasn't a popular length goal because your hair will hit right at the widest part of you (thus drawing the eye to your largest part). Personally, I don't think I could pull it off. If I do decide to go longer than waist I probobly try to surpass hip and go straight to tailbone.

Yes! I loved my hair at waist, and I like it now at hip too. But when I take progress pics I can't help to notice how wide I look now at hip vs. when I was at waist length. I know I'm not getting any bigger... it's just how the hair hits. I do have a blunt hemline so it may look different with fairytale ends or a V-hemline. But I'm actually trying to maintain at waist ATM... my hair is just a bit long right now. I'm trying to grow all my dye out before going to TBL.

But if you're like Piggy and you have narrow hips, hip-length may be a good length for you.
    Straightened.

Length
    12/25/35
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

Hip was my first goal! And if I had stuck to my goals when I first starting growing 3years ago I'd be there already but I got to BSL and destroyed it with straighteners.

Natural Waist is my long term ultimate goal, but I'd like to try grow to hip and tailbone at least just once in my life. I keep wanting longer but I guess it will all depend on practicality for myself when I get there. I'd like to wear it down a lot.
    Chin - Shoulder - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - Tailbone
    - No Heat - Veggie Dyes - No Cuts -

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Hip is my current tentative goal, just because that or lower back is around when I feel like long hair starts to be "Wow your hair is long!" long. I don't think I would go beyond tailbone because it would be too much of a hassle for me (I want to enjoy the swish of hair on my back when it's down, and not worry about sitting on it!).

I never thought about the "making your hips look wider" thing, but I feel like not having a blunt hemline might tone down that effect a bit. And I don't really worry about that kind of thing anyway.

Length
    30'/33'/40'
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hip is my current goal, but classic+ is my finial goal....
    Lady Zarbryn of Feline Grace in the order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kristamommyx3 View Post
    I'm about one inch from waist right now, and I've been looking at threads about goal lengths. I haven't seen much about hip length as an ultimate goal, which is my personal goal. Anyone else out there?
    Meee!!! I want hip length hair . I am about 1" from waist too (but only stretched) and about 4" from hip (stretched)... unstretched it will take me a wee bit longer (another 2").
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    16/22/34
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

about hip is my goal. which i am around 8 inches away from. A little over a year is a long time to wear my hear up and care for it but it's so going to be worth it! Good luck on your goal!

~going natural~