Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystery broken hairs solved!

Agressively friendly. MadPirateBippy's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Updos. I usually only wear my glasses when I leave my house, and I don't have that problem when my hair is in an updo.

Length
    ?/35/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

As a lifelong glasses wearer all I can say is...ya just gotta be careful. Some glasses seem to be worse than others. I find I have more trouble with plastic frames, probably because the hinges are bigger. My current pair doesn't catch at all, at least in the hinge part.

A bigger problem for me is the nose pieces. I tend to put my glasses up on top of my head and the wire nose pads slide right under my top hair. If my hair is up (most of the time) I can't even just slide it out. I have to painstakingly detangle. I'm trying to get out of that habit.
    Lady Tockene of the Motherboarde My Albums

Length
    chin/Bsl/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I work in an eyeglass shop, and people come in with that problem all the time. When's the last time you had your glasses readjusted? If the arms of your glasses are too loose (as in, stretched too wide for your face), the joint will snag hairs.

If I were you, I'd go to an eyeglass shop and ask them to tighten the arms. Most places do it free, and it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.
    *Lady Corylaceæ of the Heavenly Flora in the Order of the Long Haired Knights*

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Great tips everyone, thank you! :-)

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    So lately, I've been noticing lots of broken hairs in the front of my face, kind of forming its own "fringe/bangs" in a terrible, pathetic way. I was mystified as to the cause of these broken hairs. None of my other hair was broken off, just in front of my face!

Finally, after a weeks of research, I realized what it was! It was my eyeglasses, which I'd been starting to wear more often. My hair was getting stuck in the joint of the eyeglass frame, and every day, a few more hairs would get broken off.

Mystery solved!! Now, how to fix it?
    you have solved a mystery for me too, about 2 months ago i had to start wearing my glasses all the time and funnily enough i too noticed breakage at the front.

Maybe, taking them off in a downward action will help? i am forever pushing mine up and i take them off upwards and contacts are no good for me as i have astigmatism and the toric lenses irritate me.
    Last edited by jojo; March 14th, 2008 at 09:36 AM.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Lasik? My husband is thrilled to be glasses and contacts free.

Lady Concordia of the Magestic Harmony in the Order of the Long Haired Knights