Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Head pubes" breaking off like crazy?

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Question "Head pubes" breaking off like crazy?

I have some very wiry hairs ("head pubes") through out my hair. I figured, huh, that's weird, but no big deal. Everyone has varying textures in their hair.

Now when I find them, I'll just casually play with them (like I do all my hair) and it breaks off, or peels (like one would peel the layers of an onion).

Any ideas on why this happens? They grow out like that. From root to tip they have the same consistency.

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: "Head pubes" breaking off like crazy?

LOL. Um...I've never heard that term before.

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I read it on this forum, and I forget who started it, but it just seems like such an appropriate term! haha

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

Length
    26"/28"/40"
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I get them every now and then, but not in the same spot. It can be anywhere on my head, but doesn't seem to grow back out in the same place if I pluck it, which just makes it even weirder. I always assumed there was a temporary malfunction in the follicle, making that strand of hair different from the rest. Maybe the follicle is clogged, and somehow that changes the shape of the hole that determins what your hair grows out like? This is obviously just a wild guess, but maybe by pulling the hair out, whatever's blocking the hole gets pulled out with it.

There's another weird thing with my hair that I can't find any plausible explanation for. At the top of my head, and slightly to the right, I have this tuft of hair that's always frizzy, course and difficult to comb through. However, it's only like this about 4 centimeters from the roots, and the total length of frizzy, course hair is maybe 6 cm. I have 4 cm of normal roots --> frizzy patch --> normal length. I just don't get it. It's been like this since childhood, and the patch is always in the same spot. As my hair grows, the course frizz turns into normal hair, and what was earlier shiny roots becomes frizz. It can't really be mechanical damage, as I don't sleep on it, it's not where I part my hair, and it's not where I fasten the elastic if I do a ponytail. Madness!

I also have a coarse, wirey patch surrounded by smooth hair - mine is a 3" mohawk down the midde, from forehead to crown. Needless to say it's my waterloo. Sometimes I just want to cut the patch short, keep the rest long - a reverse mullet. Makes me snort to picture it.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

hair pubes oh yeas i have loads, there just new growth mine tend to soften up as they get longer.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    26"/28"/40"
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by proo View Post
    I also have a coarse, wirey patch surrounded by smooth hair - mine is a 3" mohawk down the midde, from forehead to crown. Needless to say it's my waterloo. Sometimes I just want to cut the patch short, keep the rest long - a reverse mullet. Makes me snort to picture it.
    I'd love to see that mullet
    I'd have to get a sidecut down the middle of the right side. I suppose it would look almost as attractive as a reverse mullet.

I get those hairs too. I don't know why. I find the term "head pubes" hilarious.

Ive never heard of that XP guess I should look harder

Length
    Shldr/Bum/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

HaHaHa! I love this term! It just fits so perfectly!

I've just started to notice mine this past year. I seem to get them towards the back of my crown(near my cowlick). They only ever seem to be a few inches long, although, every once in awhile I shed a 'full length' hair. I call those my hulk hairs!

Hiding away, under the waves, silence wins again...
    I'm under water, where I can finally breathe...