Thread: Chemical dye over henna (results)

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Chemical dye over henna (results)

I did a strand test of dark brown dye over henna and it worked, it turned a light brown (I didn't leave it in the full recommended time). But now I can't find the strand anymore . I don't know if the color washed off (does that happen with dye over henna?) or if it just mingled with my hair. I will try it again on a bigger lock to see what happens. I will do this in a part of my hair that doesn't grow long anyway so I won't have damage in the length.

I am still not sure what I am going to do with my hair. I might dye it brown, that can be done with henna/indigo, or maybe back in my own color with regular dye, but that might be a bit harder.
    The reason might be stupid: my boyfriend doesn't like my current color and saw pictures of me with brown hair and he really liked that. He claims my hair is orange haha

My hennaed hair is not that dark, can it be turned dark blonde with indigo? Or if not, light brown?

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Chemical dye over henna (results)

Save some shed hair or cut a few stray hairs from several different locations so you don't have to take a chunk out of anywhere specific. I've never done a strand test on hair that was attached to my head, I'd probably lose it too.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    1"/BSL/HBL

Please post pics if you do try blonde....
    I've heard henna/indigo goes deep into the hair and it can't be bleached out yada yada

please post pics if you do it & it works

Length
    3"/3.5"/34"
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Well I think your hair is a pretty color! Just make sure that if you do change it you do it for the right reasons - because YOU want to do it too, not just for your boyfriend!!!

Indigo won't make it dark blonde, as Indigo is actually a dark blue color, which when put onto the red of henna goes dark brown/black. I am not an expert in Indigo by any stretch of the imagination though, as I've never used it.

I think it should be possible to "mute" the red in your hair with a brown box dye if that's what you want, but the henna will probably still shine through underneath a bit, giving it a reddish undertone.
    Starting over short and working towards virgin hair!

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

It might go a chocolate brown? That might be nice The shed hair idea is good!

Type
    1a/M/ii

for a lighter shade of brown you can use buxus insteed of indigo.

Length
    Ears/MBL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

...I really think you ought to initiate the two week rule here.

You have to live with colouring disasters often a lot longer than you live with the average boyfriend (sad but true - I don't mean break up with him, obviously).

You sound so unsure about wanting non-red hair. And above your avatar it says "henna addict"...it sounds like you love your henna colour but want to change because of your boyfriend. Please don't do that. I know, I said it; don't change your hair to please your boyfriend. I took a look in your album: you hair is utterly gorgeous.

If *you* want a change, you could try doing a few henna glosses to push the colour more into the red/auburn direction rather than the sort of gingery brown it is now. I think that would be really nice, but again, if you like your hair the way it is, please keep it this way!
    Finally embracing what nature gave me

Can I have waist length hair for Christmas?

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I like henna because it gives a nice gloss, I'm not sure if it gives strength though. Henna is the nicest the first week, after that the glossy-ness goes away.

About the 2 week rule, I am already months over the 2 week rule, I always overthink these things for ages. Before I went to henna I thought about it for months before I did it.

I like my hair color too, but I sometimes like to change. A darker red could be fun too, but not cherry red, that looks unnatural to me. So it should stay natural.
    About the BF, I don't mind if he really really likes another color, I did like my brown hair too when I had it.

Does buxus wash out?