Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Smile Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

After so much experimenting, I LOVE what I'm doing with my hair!

1. Chagrin Valley Chamomile & Citrus shampoo bar. (I got a lot of samples and this was by far the best. I am sensitive to lots of stuff, and very natural-minded, so this makes me happy.)

2. Natural conditioner from ears down (Giovanni 50/50 or Body Shop Rainforest Moisture.)

3. Rinse under the warm water. Squeeze out water. Rinse with filtered water with a little bit of fresh lemon juice. (I do not rinse that out b/c we have a well and a softener that doesn't work consistently, so filtered water is way better until I spring for a shower filter.)

4. Comb and apply 2 drops pure argan oil from ears down.

I wash every day as my hair is blonde and very fine, so it dulls easily from pollution, dirt, sweat. I can actually do this twice a day and it is still quite soft. It is blindingly shiny when I do this routine, and doesn't tangle at all.

Had to share b/c I am so happy!
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

Happy to hear you found something that works so well ^^ too bad you're so far away or I'd give you the remnants of my Bodyshop rainforest moisture conditioner because I didn't like it at all and don't know what to do with it xD

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

I'm happy you have a great routine! I, too, have fine blond hair that I need to shampoo every day. I dilute my shampoo, though, so it's not as harsh.

Length
    18/26/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Ooo, I might have to try the filtered water idea. I live in an area that has rather hard water. Do you wet your hair with filtered water, first? Or is it just a rinse?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

A little warning about wetting your hair too often: it causes the hair shaft to swell and the cuticle to lift. Do it too often, and eventually the cuticle gets worn out and doesn't close properly any more; then you'll have rough, water-damaged hair. Coconut oil does help to limit this type of damage, though; I don't know about argan oil.

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    A little warning about wetting your hair too often: it causes the hair shaft to swell and the cuticle to lift. Do it too often, and eventually the cuticle gets worn out and doesn't close properly any more; then you'll have rough, water-damaged hair. Coconut oil does help to limit this type of damage, though; I don't know about argan oil.
    Thanks for this spidermom i was wetting the ends daily but they looked so dry after what you have just said that could be the reason why. Since i stopped doing that it certainly not as dry .
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    Chin/Bra/WKs?
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

Good for you! Isn't it such an awesome feeling to discover a great routine?
    Chin, SL, BSL, APL, BAPL, MDBL, WST, TB, BigCHOP
    I'll Whip My Hair Back And Forth

Length
    S/BSL/Hips
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chetanlaiho View Post
    Happy to hear you found something that works so well ^^ too bad you're so far away or I'd give you the remnants of my Bodyshop rainforest moisture conditioner because I didn't like it at all and don't know what to do with it xD
    I'm in the same boat with the rainforest moisture. Lucky I only bought a half size sample bottle!
    grow hair grow!

follow my blog here

the body shop rainforest didn't work for my damaged hair but now that the damage has gone my hair loves it!
    Coney CO Washing. Clarifying and SMT!
    <-----------
    CL SL UBL APL BSL MBL WAIST

My fine blonde hair loves argan oil on the ends too! Much more so than any other type of oil. Congrats!