Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Height and Hair Length

Length
    Ears/MBL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Height and Hair Length

I call BS to anyone who says that "X kind of people can't have long hair" whether that's because they are male or young or old or have fine hair or too thick hair or curly hair or if it's just wierd to have hair that long or whatever.

All of it is wrong. All of it. It's just society trying to keep people in a narrow little ditch called "acceptable". You are absolutely free to wear your hair however you like. Perhaps if you had a giant afro it might swamp you, but I do not otherwise see how long hair could make you look shorter. Surely, with straight hair, the long vertical line would just make you look taller? And even if it didn't, I am sure the people's amazement at the beauty and rarity of your extremely long hair would make them totally gloss over your height.
    Finally embracing what nature gave me

Can I have waist length hair for Christmas?

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm only 5'0 and was wondering about this too. I have a long way to find out how I'll look with long hair but I can't wait. And I have to admit I get a little bit of satisfaction out of breaking the "rules."

Length
    22"/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I'm 5'1" and very petite, but it never occurred to me that height had anything to do with how long I'm growing my hair. I was at hip last summer (recently cut back to waist) and I think it looked good. I plan to get back there, and maybe beyond!
    *******Firefly*******
    2a/F-M/ii ~~ Hip

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

My little sister is 5' tall and had knee length hair for quite some time. It looked amazing. She's very petite. She looked tiny then. She has shoulder length hair now. She still looks tiny.

So do what you want to do with your hair and forget about everyone else's opinion!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

boy i would love to be shorter.. i am only 3 inches taller and that 3 inches to classic has been so hard getting to
    can i call this classic length

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Interesting.

I was talking to one of my husband's relatives, she's SUPER tall and lanky, like 6'2" maybe, and has very thick, dark, lush, wurly hair that's between APL and BSL. It used to be in a bob. I told her I thought it was lovely longer and she said, "well you know, I'm so tall I need to balance out my height". I'd never really thought of it that way.

I personally believe it has to do with a lot more than just your height: the shape of your face, your features, your body type and most importantly the way you carry yourself. I've seen BSL hair that looks ugly and unkept and in need of a cut, and I've seen BSL hair that just begs to be longer cuz its so beautiful.

If you're good-looking and confident, you're good-looking and confident. If you're frumpy and unkept, you're frumpy and unkept. Regardless of how long you wear your hair.

So it's about *how* you wear your hair not how *long* you wear your hair.
    Shoulder>>>APL >>> BSL >>> WAIST

Length
    Neck/APL/waist
    Type
    1b/C/ii

I'm short and I want to grow my hair to at least waist. I only see my height (or lack of height) as a good thing. My waist length hair will be shorter than waist length on a long person. That means I will get there faster and that it will be easier to keep healthy (it will only have to stay "alive" for so long before it reaches waist and it gets cut)

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I'm 5'10" and one of the reasons I'm sometimes jealous of 'shorter' people is that they don't have to grow their hair as long to reach a landmark xD (seriously, if I go to hip it'll take forever! xD)

I've never heard of anyone saying longer hair looks bad on shorter people, I've heard of it not suiting your face shape but even that I'm not sure I agree with so go with whatever you want

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I knew girls who where 4'10 with hip length and their look beautiful. I also know someone with knee length who is about 6'0 and let me tell you, at first I thought it was freaky when down because of the way it moved. Then I started drooling over her virgin knee length hair and following her around :P. So really I think long hair flatters everyone honestly. People will look at the hair and not the height always.

I am short anyways, why does it matter if it "weighs me down"? cutting my hair to chin never made me look any taller...

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    15/36/45?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I'm 5'3" and I've considered this, too. As Alyanna said, it depends on your physical make up and how you carry yourself. I think where people say (and why is it they never have long hair?) that long hair doesn't look good on petite women is when it visually cuts women into two parts. I don't have long legs or torso so this is a concern for me; my goal is W- TB so I'm going to keep more of a soft 'V' or 'U' hemline, that way my hair is "pointing" down and is hopefully elongating me, rather than create a line across my torso.
    Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
    Eleanor Roosevelt