Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Smile Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

After so much experimenting, I LOVE what I'm doing with my hair!

1. Chagrin Valley Chamomile & Citrus shampoo bar. (I got a lot of samples and this was by far the best. I am sensitive to lots of stuff, and very natural-minded, so this makes me happy.)

2. Natural conditioner from ears down (Giovanni 50/50 or Body Shop Rainforest Moisture.)

3. Rinse under the warm water. Squeeze out water. Rinse with filtered water with a little bit of fresh lemon juice. (I do not rinse that out b/c we have a well and a softener that doesn't work consistently, so filtered water is way better until I spring for a shower filter.)

4. Comb and apply 2 drops pure argan oil from ears down.

I wash every day as my hair is blonde and very fine, so it dulls easily from pollution, dirt, sweat. I can actually do this twice a day and it is still quite soft. It is blindingly shiny when I do this routine, and doesn't tangle at all.

Had to share b/c I am so happy!
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Length
    28/33/34
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

Happy to hear you found something that works so well ^^ too bad you're so far away or I'd give you the remnants of my Bodyshop rainforest moisture conditioner because I didn't like it at all and don't know what to do with it xD

Length
    S/BSL/Hips
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Finally a hair care routine that I love, is good for me, and looks good, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Chetanlaiho View Post
    Happy to hear you found something that works so well ^^ too bad you're so far away or I'd give you the remnants of my Bodyshop rainforest moisture conditioner because I didn't like it at all and don't know what to do with it xD
    I'm in the same boat with the rainforest moisture. Lucky I only bought a half size sample bottle!
    grow hair grow!

follow my blog here

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

I'm happy you have a great routine! I, too, have fine blond hair that I need to shampoo every day. I dilute my shampoo, though, so it's not as harsh.

Length
    18/26/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Ooo, I might have to try the filtered water idea. I live in an area that has rather hard water. Do you wet your hair with filtered water, first? Or is it just a rinse?

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luthein View Post
    Ooo, I might have to try the filtered water idea. I live in an area that has rather hard water. Do you wet your hair with filtered water, first? Or is it just a rinse?
    I washed it and rinsed it (S&C) with regular tap water, but only the final rinse was filtered.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

A little warning about wetting your hair too often: it causes the hair shaft to swell and the cuticle to lift. Do it too often, and eventually the cuticle gets worn out and doesn't close properly any more; then you'll have rough, water-damaged hair. Coconut oil does help to limit this type of damage, though; I don't know about argan oil.

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    A little warning about wetting your hair too often: it causes the hair shaft to swell and the cuticle to lift. Do it too often, and eventually the cuticle gets worn out and doesn't close properly any more; then you'll have rough, water-damaged hair. Coconut oil does help to limit this type of damage, though; I don't know about argan oil.
    Thanks for this spidermom i was wetting the ends daily but they looked so dry after what you have just said that could be the reason why. Since i stopped doing that it certainly not as dry .
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Do you mean just re-wetting it, or all times it is wet? My hair is so fine and so blonde that not washing it = dull mess.

Length
    Chin/Bra/WKs?
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

Good for you! Isn't it such an awesome feeling to discover a great routine?
    Chin, SL, BSL, APL, BAPL, MDBL, WST, TB, BigCHOP
    I'll Whip My Hair Back And Forth