Thread: SLS shampoo after chemical dye ?

Default SLS shampoo after chemical dye ?

i will dye my roots next week, i will do it at a professional saloon but since i am cone and sls free i wanted to know if when the hair is beeing washed , after the dye process, does it have to be a SLS shampoo ? or could i bring my own sls- and conefree clarifying shampoo and conditioner for them to use instead of their own products ?

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: SLS shampoo after chemical dye ?

This reply may be in too late but I'm sure your salon wouldn't mind if you bring your own

i have postponed my appointment while trying to figure out.
    i have not been very clearly about this, my mistake - it´s not about them, for them it´s ok, whatever i want to bring. is just if chemically, if there is any danger that residues will remain on the scalp from the peroxide and therefore, if I HAVE to use a SLS shampoo. that is my concern.

Length
    18/25/30
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I have my roots touched up at a salon every 4 weeks. At home I have been SLS and cone free for several years but at the salon I let them use their normal stuff and regard it as my monthly clarifying wash. When I get home I massage my scalp with oil and then give my hair some sort of heavy treatment. I don't find that the colour or salon products damage my hair in anyway or interfere with my normal products and routine. Hope that helps!

i don´t have either problems with the SLS on my scalp/hair, is just the idea, i wouldn´t want to use it if i don´t have to, ya know...

Length
    SL+/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

to be on the safe side my personal (non-expert) thinking is it would be better to ensure you don't leave any bleach or chemical residue on your head. Residue of that is bound to be worse than SLS.

BUT, then again, I believe that many at home dye kits only require a thorough rinse, followed by conditioner. (But I think that's for going darker, lightening may be different).

Maybe a hairstylist on LHC can weigh in? Ultrabella perhaps?

hope so....