Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got my motorcycle permit, hair questions ensue!

Length
    20 in/26 in/30 in
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Cool Just got my motorcycle permit, hair questions ensue!

I'm all excited, because I passed my written test. Now I plan on taking riding classes and practicing for a year before I buy my own bike. First of all, I know that my hair is going to be adapting to all sorts of things. Being yanked in and out of a helmet, being ponytailed or bunned for rides, being windblown all to hell in general. Are there any female riders here or any long haired gents on LHC that can give me some tips? I will be wearing a full face helmet in a small. I was trying them on at Honda today and I had it bobby pinned out of my face and in a ponytail. The first helmet I tried on and pulled off yanked my hair halfway out of the ponytail and I lost my bobby pins somewhere between the third and fourth helmet. I've already learned some valuable lessons! I think, you should leave your hair completely down and not held in or up by anything when you put the helmet on. Because when you take it off, whatever you had happening in terms of a style will be completely wrecked and you'll have to do it over anyway. So, put the helmet on, then pull it back in either a long haired ponytail or bun. Then, before taking it off, take the ponytail or bun out and pull the helmet off.
    Love Life!!!

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Just got my motorcycle permit, hair questions ensue!

If you didn't want to just stuff your hair loose under the helmet, maybe you could cover it with a skullcap before putting your helmet one. They have some with a built-in ponytail wrap to keep it protected from the wind.

Length
    Pixie/31/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

http://www.hairsocks.com/

These are designed to fasten around your hair so that it can't be battered about by the wind! I've never used them, but they're meant to do the job!

Length
    20 in/26 in/30 in
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thanks for that link! It looks really helpful. Kind of like what I wear to sleep to keep it from being a tangled mess in the morning.
    Love Life!!!

My husband is a bike rider. When he takes me for a ride I wear my hair down or in a braid. I don't like my hair after the helmet . I will definitely buy a scullcap / hair sock!

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

If you don't mind wearing leather, you could use a hair glove. Maybe you could put it on after the helmet.

http://www.hairglove.com/
    I've learnt it's better for me to share myself with those who appreciate my values, otherwise I'd be wasting valuable energy on negative people...
    and end up in the psychic vampire drainage system! - Seagreen

Length
    20 in/26 in/30 in
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Those are awesome Tigr! I will totally be buying one of the black ones. They totally fit the motorcycle look too. They aren't too fussy and look like they offer alot of protection. Thanks for that recommendation.
    Love Life!!!

When I ride, I pull mine back and secure with a small barrette. My hair is thin, always has been, so I don't braid it. The braid would be pathetic.

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Congratulaions on your permit! I started riding about 3 years ago; I LOVE IT I have several of the hair gloves and they are indeed wonderful. My hair is too long for their longest glove so I had a leather crafter make me a longer and wider one.
    As wonderful as they are I didn't like the idea that the end of my hair stuck out, also my hair was getting too long for the long hairglove So; I got a nice dress sock and after braiding my hair I slip the sock over my braid and then I put the hairglove over that. It keeps the sun and the wind away from my hair.

Oh and I wear a skull cap or a bandana over my head; no helmet hair here

Length
    20 in/30 in/41
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I think a french braid might work as well.