Thread: Is this a good/non build up conditioner?

Length
    19/24.5/29
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i

Default Is this a good/non build up conditioner?

Hi. I think that i've found a conditioner that is free of nasty/buildy upy chemicals but i would really appreciate it if you could let me know if there is something here that i should avoid. This is the naked shine hydrating conditioner.

Aqua (Water), Cetearyl alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl ether, Glyceryl stearate, Sodium latate, Cetrimononium chloride, Quaternium-80, Ceteareth-20, Inulin (Source: Chicory), Cetyl dimethicone copolyol (Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone), Propylene glycol, Parfum ( Fragrance), Guar hydroxpropyltrimonium chloride, Butylene glycol. Limonene, Benzyl benzoate, Hexyl cinnamal, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed extract, Linalool, Magnesium nitrate, Camellia sinensis (Green tea) leaf extract, Camellia sinensis (Black tea) leaf extract, Butyris lac (buttermilk) powder, Sorbitol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone.

The only cone is the water soluble one and i didn't see anything else that i was aware was dodgy/causes build up.

Is the buttermilk something that could cause protein build up? Milk has to have protein i imagine.

There are a few other products in this range that look good, the sensitive scalp conditioner has the shortest ingredient list so i was thinking of getting that one too:

Aqua, Cetearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Gossypium hebaceum ( cotton ) seed extract, Olea europara ( olive ) fruit oil, Citrus aurantium ( neroli ) oil, Aspartic acid, Citric acid, Chlorphenesin, Linalool.

What do you think?

(Their naked colour shampoo is the best that i could find on the market for gentleness and hair friendly ingredients.)

Length
    Pixie/31/36
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Is this a good/non build up conditioner?

I'd say buy the sensitive scalp one! Often the fewer ingtedients, the better I've found from experience, because at least then you know what you are using, which is mostly oils in the case of that second conditioner! I wouldn't imagine the buttermilk would cause a problem because by the time you get to this far down on an ingredient list if often isn't that potent!

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Is this a good/non build up conditioner?

Well, I see a quat in the first one, which might also give some buildup. It'll give some slip in any case. On the second conditioner, I can only speculate on what the Brassicamidopropyl dimethylamine actually is, but it might behave like a protein. Be cautious of it if you're allergic to Brassica plants, like mustard or cabbage or broccoli.

Ultimately, though, whether something builds up or not really depends on your hair, your water, and how all your products interact with each other. Some people get horrible waxy buildup from Suave conditioners while other people don't, for example. Experimentation is key.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!