Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i got that rude reply about my goal

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default i got that rude reply about my goal

So we were having dinner before prom, and suddenly my best friend and i started speaking of her hair and how super thick it is.Our friends dad tells me, "oh in 15 years you wont worry about. You'll be married and other stuff. Plus, you'll probably be bald."
    And i say, "oh so sad if i do become bald, all my hard work to get to my goal of extreme long hair..."
    And he responds, "Well that's a shallow goal. Unless it was something meaningful like you were going to donate it or something, i could see that. That's a shallow goal."

All the while i just smiled and ate some spaghetti.
    I'm probably not going to be bald and neither will i donate

This is the first time i've gotten that comment of my goal face to face, has anyone else gotten rude comments on your hair goals or were there nice one's? Most people that heard i want to grow terminal seem to not like the idea Poor them
    Last edited by gthlvrmx; April 17th, 2011 at 08:34 PM.

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: i got that rude reply about my goal

Does he also think that a goal of being wealthy is shallow, and that everyone should donate their fortune once they accumulate it?
    01/07/2010, now at waist length (30").
    I'm a work in progress.

Length
    SL+/MBL/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Wow, that's an inappropriate comment to make. Totally uncalled for and unsupportive. Caring for your hair is a lovely hobby and it in no way detracts from your quality of character. I personally am extremely committed to social justice and to making a difference in the world. Yeah and I happen to like long hair and the idea of growing mine long. That says NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING about who I am as a person and it in no way makes me or you shallow. I hope you brush off his comment as ignorance and rudeness.

Go you and your growing

Length
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_psyche View Post
    Does he also think that a goal of being wealthy is shallow, and that everyone should donate their fortune once they accumulate it?
    I know seriously, he had this long talk my best friends mother and about sending her daughter to community college instead of her dream school because he didn't want to "waste his money". It's just the mindset of the community that lives around us.
    Wish i could think of those smart witty things on the spot! My mind freezes and all i can do is smile like a dork

Length
    Chin/25/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

That's a really stupid comment to make. I'd tell him "why don't you donate a kidney, you don't need both of them?" Yes, a kidney is way more extreme than hair, but I think it gets the point across that you shouldn't tell a person what to do with any part of their body, whether it grows back or not!

The other weekend I saw my mom for the first time in a couple months and I saw my sister and brother in law for the first time in over a year. The latter were saying how long my hair had gotten since my wedding when they last saw me, and asking what I was doing differently. And the bro in law asked my goal, and I said waist, but then probably on to hip once I reach that. He didn't say anything rude, he was just surprised and saying he thought that it would get annoying and in the way if it was so long. But my mom was like "But you really don't look good with long hair, you remember?" And I guess she was thinking when it was probably about BSL when I was 15 or so. I was thinking "of course it was s*** then! I had no idea how to take care of it, I dyed it so much, ripped brushes through it, and blow dried on hot and upside down every day." >< I'll show her, though. Thankfully my hair is out of the awkward teenage years anyway and into the LHC era.

Lady Samhain of the Pumpkin Hollow in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by growingpains View Post
    Wow, that's an inappropriate comment to make. Totally uncalled for and unsupportive. Caring for your hair is a lovely hobby and it in no way detracts from your quality of character. I personally am extremely committed to social justice and to making a difference in the world. Yeah and I happen to like long hair and the idea of growing mine long. That says NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING about who I am as a person and it in no way makes me or you shallow. I hope you brush off his comment as ignorance and rudeness.

Go you and your growing
    Exactly I just remembered it today after prom and realized how nasty he was really being about it during the dinner. Thank you i will. Nothing's going to stop me from growing

Length
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by monsterna View Post
    That's a really stupid comment to make. I'd tell him "why don't you donate a kidney, you don't need both of them?" Yes, a kidney is way more extreme than hair, but I think it gets the point across that you shouldn't tell a person what to do with any part of their body, whether it grows back or not!

The other weekend I saw my mom for the first time in a couple months and I saw my sister and brother in law for the first time in over a year. The latter were saying how long my hair had gotten since my wedding when they last saw me, and asking what I was doing differently. And the bro in law asked my goal, and I said waist, but then probably on to hip once I reach that. He didn't say anything rude, he was just surprised and saying he thought that it would get annoying and in the way if it was so long. But my mom was like "But you really don't look good with long hair, you remember?" And I guess she was thinking when it was probably about BSL when I was 15 or so. I was thinking "of course it was s*** then! I had no idea how to take care of it, I dyed it so much, ripped brushes through it, and blow dried on hot and upside down every day." >< I'll show her, though. Thankfully my hair is out of the awkward teenage years anyway and into the LHC era.
    Again, i wish i could come back with those remarks. Funny and straight to the point Yea, you show her! Jaja, i really think hip would look lovely on you i saw your photos It looks healthy

Length
    40.5/40.5/68
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_psyche View Post
    *hits the like button* I will store this in my memory for the inevitable conversation on... "you should donate your hair."-because i say so.

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

I don't mind if people think I'm shallow and vain. I'll roll my own cigs, I'll shop at thrift stores, my hair barrettes come from Walmart. My eyeshadows are usually made in China and cut rate priced. My base and powder are an expensive department store brand. My conditioner and hair oils are not cheap. None of that makes me feel vain and shallow though. What lets me know how very vain and shallow I am are my eyebrow stencils bought to knockoff celebrity brow styles. Yeah, I know, can't get any worse than that right? PLUCK, PLUCK, PLUCK.....

Some people have different priorities. Growing hair long isn't shallow at all. If I were you'd probably say wanting to buy a ____ (insert whatever car he has) is shallow. Buying a house is shallow. Buying more than one pair of shoes is shallow. I could go on.

Ignore the haters!