Thread: I know what you are doing.

Auburn California and where'er the horses take me
    Length
    14"/45"/51"
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Talking I know what you are doing.

My honey has beautiful curls that stretched are almost to his waist, but that are dry and needing some TLC. He tried CO washing and felt his hair wasn't getting clean enough so he's back to SLS shampoo and conditioner. I've offered to do a coconut milk soak on it when I do mine, or at the very least to oil it for him and he's always declined, citing manly man excuses.

Well, the other day his wet hair was escaping his loose ponytail and he asked me to fix it. Quick like a bunny I grabbed my camellia oil and lightly oiled it before fixing the ponytail. "I KNOW what you are doing." I told him I knew that and pointed out that it'll help control the frizz he hates. I think he was afraid it would look greasy but he was pleased with the result. Is he converted yet? Nope, but he's at least willing to let me do little pampering treatments here and there. Its a start! I totally adore his curls, and if they get moisturized...wowza!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mmmmm, camellia oil soaked boxwood comb--my hair loves it!
    Journeying from tailbone to my goal of 52"

Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: I know what you are doing.

I bet that manly man would not turn down a scalp massage.

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Stuart View Post
    I bet that manly man would not turn down a scalp massage.
    Agreed. Some of those manly men start purring like a little kitty when you give them a back massage, so why shouldn't this work with a scalp massage as well?
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Length
    .5/4/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

You shall convert him yet! My DH is slowly becoming a convert as well, especially since he's appreciated what I can do for my growing hair and he is hoping to get to APL in a few years with help ^_^
    Lady Bellethiel, Sorceress of Endorphins, Seeker of Knowledge|OotLHK|
    ~Shaved~Pixie~Shaggy Mess~Chin~SL~APL~BSL~WL~

Quote Originally Posted by Phexlyn View Post
    Agreed. Some of those manly men start purring like a little kitty when you give them a back massage, so why shouldn't this work with a scalp massage as well?
    .... so funny
    Coney CO Washing. Clarifying and SMT!
    <-----------
    CL SL UBL APL BSL MBL WAIST

Auburn California and where'er the horses take me
    Length
    14"/45"/51"
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Qadupae View Post
    You shall convert him yet! My DH is slowly becoming a convert as well, especially since he's appreciated what I can do for my growing hair and he is hoping to get to APL in a few years with help ^_^
    That's my aim...to convert him. He has gorgeous curls and if he took better care of them they would be showstoppers. There is hope...today he had a flight in an open cockpit biplane (the birthday present I got him) and he said on his own "I suppose I should put the tail in my shirt." Good idea hon! Any ponytail blowing around at airspeed is going to be a nightmare of tangles, but his curls? He would have been SOOOOO frustrated trying to detangle. I'm delighted he thought of that simple measure on his own. (I was going to suggest it if he hadn't) He LOVED the biplane ride, BTW.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mmmmm, camellia oil soaked boxwood comb--my hair loves it!
    Journeying from tailbone to my goal of 52"

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Actually, I think a scalp massage might go over well. My grown son was having a terrible headache right around finals time, so I gave him a shoulder, neck and scalp massage to try to relax him. It actually helped!
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    APL19/WSL28/HIP32
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Wink Re: I know what you are doing.

Ooo yes! Scalp massage! Makes almost anyone purr. My ex had the most gorgeous perfect waist length hair. His favorite thing for me to do was gently rake my nails across his scalp or gently rub it with the pads of my fingers. Put him to sleep every time. I would say oil your hands and just gently massage his scalp before bed. It could be very intimate or very sleep inducing, depending on your guy and how you do it.

I managed to convert the husband by fussing over him basically. I'd put oil in my hair and rub the excess off on his head. Drove him crazy but then he noticed his hair was nicer. Or if we were gonna go out and he just got out of the shower, I'd put some hair moisturizer on his hair and brush it (he keeps his hair very low so when I brush it, it brings out nice wavies) and he'd just stand there and pout like a little kid. Now he (mostly) will do it himself and he's rewarded by me frequently stroking his head/hair.

CURRENTLY: waist straight (28") GOAL: waist braidwaves (35")

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Could you maybe switch him from wash-out conditioner to leave-in? It is less effort, less product wastage, no more girly and can be used to protect and define his curls. Or just tell him how hot his curls are .... you probably tried that one already tho!
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Qamar View Post
    I told him I knew that and pointed out that it'll help control the frizz he hates. I think he was afraid it would look greasy but he was pleased with the result.
    I'm wondering if he may have been objecting to the odor. Men avoid women's hair care products for that reason.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)